1. Check our deadlines. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Students must be admitted by February 1 to be eligible for a merit scholarship.
2. Submit your online application.
3. Ask your high school to send us your official transcript. All freshman applicants are required to submit an official transcript from their secondary school. Please have your transcripts sent directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
4. Arrange to have your SAT or ACT scores sent to us. Loyola’s code for the SAT is 1412, and our ACT code is 1064.
5. Submit a personal statement or essay. One essay is required to complete the application process. You are invited to share more about yourself and why you want to be a part of the Loyola community. Or, feel free to use this opportunity to share information about a significant leadership or service experience you may have had while in high school. You may also choose to submit a sample of your writing from a class or project. Please limit your response to 500 words or less.
6. Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. You may send an e-mail request from our online application, or you can download a recommendation form: Counselor Recommendation Form.
7. If applicable, submit official information about transfer credit or AP/IB credit to Loyola electronically. Learn more about Loyola's transfer credit policy. Note: This is not required at the review of your application. Once admitted, incoming freshman should submit this information during the summer prior to starting at Loyola.
8. Upon admission, pay your enrollment deposit by May 1 to reserve a place in the class.
If you are an international student, please visit our International Admission website for more information about applying to Loyola.