International High School Applicants
If you attend high school outside of the United States:
- Complete and submit the online application. Be sure to select the "2013 Rome Start" application.
- Submit a personal statement or essay. One essay is required to complete the application process. You are invited to share more about yourself and why you want to be part of the Loyola community and the Rome Start program. Or, feel free to use this opportunity to share information about a significant leadership or service experience you may have had while in high school. You may also choose to submit a sample of your writing (in English) from a class or project.
- Have official transcripts from all high schools/colleges previously attended sent to Loyola. If you are not enrolled in an American school, an International Baccalaureate (IB) School, or an Italian high school, you may be required to submit a transcript evaluation. Contact Educational Perspectives or Educational Credential Evaluators. Your evaluation is required to be reviewed for admission, which may lengthen the processing time needed to make an admission decision.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor.
- Submit your choice of standardized test score.
*Please note that if you wish to be considered for Loyola’s merit scholarships, you must submit an ACT or SAT score.
- Official TOEFL score
- Official IELTS score
- Official ACT (code 1064) or SAT (code 1412) score (required for U.S. citizens)
- If applicable, submit official information about transfer credit or AP/IB credit to Loyola electronically. Learn more about Loyola's transfer credit policy.
- Upon admission, submit a $500 enrollment deposit by May 1 to reserve a place in the class. *
* Please note that Loyola's class may fill prior to May 1. Enrollment deposits are refundable until May 1.
Note that Rome Start applicants are NOT required to submit the Declaration and Certification of Finances form.