Transfer Credit Policy for First-Time Freshmen
New first-time freshmen may transfer credit hours toward their undergraduate degree requirements under the following conditions:
- Students must complete and submit an application form within the first 30 calendars days of initial matriculation at Loyola University Chicago.
- The college course must have been conducted in conjunction with an institution of higher education.
- The student must have earned a grade of B or higher in such transfer courses.
- Students awarded such transfer credit are limited to a maximum of 36 credit hours for the combined total of AP Credit, IB Credit, CLEP and/or transfer credit.
- The transfer credits will be applied toward the normal 120 credit hour graduation requirements and be consistent with transfer articulation rules in effect for Core, Major, School, or Elective credit.
- An exception may be granted to students who attend a high school in which students may earn an associate degree while in high school; such students may transfer up to 64 credit hours to Loyola.
- This policy will be administered by the Office of Registration and Records.
Discover why Elisabeth's study abroad experience was such a significant part of her college education.
What will LU do?
With a Loyola degree, you can be anything you want to be. Learn more at LUC.edu/career.