New Endowed Chair in Spirituality
Dr. Mark McIntosh will join the Theology Department in Fall 2014 as the first person to hold the new Endowed Chair in Spirituality. His research centers on the interaction of Christian theology, spirituality, and mysticism. Professor McIntosh received his Ph.D. in Systematic Theology from the University of Chicago Divinity School. His dissertation explored the intersection of theology and spirituality in the Christology of Hans Ur von Balthasar. Professor McIntosh previously taught at Loyola from 1993-2009 before taking his present position as the Van Mildert Canon Professor of Divinity at Durham University. We are delighted to welcome him back. His publications include:
- Divine Teaching: An Introduction to Christian Theology. Blackwell, 2008.
- Discernment and Truth: The Spirituality and Theology of Knowledge. Crossroad/Herder, 2004.
- Mysteries of Faith. Cowley Publications, 200.
- Mystical Theology: The Integrity of Spirituality and Theology. Blackwell, 1998.
- Christology from Within Spirituality and the Incarnation in Hans Urs von Balthasar. University of Notre Dame Press, 1996.