Fellowships & Internships
The Institute of Environmental Sustainability provides hands-on work opportunities for students to get deeply involved in its environmental initiatives. The IES Sustainability Fellowship Program is designed to help students define their long-term career goals through experiencial learning beyond the classroom.
Current IES Sustainability Fellowships and Insternships include:
- Biodiesel Lab Positions
- 2013 Farm Internship Application
- Urban Agriculture Position (Position filled)
- Biodiversity/Restoration Summer Internship at LUREC (2 Positions Available, May 11-Aug. 15, 2013)
Check back each semester to see what is available.
The IES also offers both faculty and undergraduate research fellowships for those who would like to propose a specific research project that is within the scope of IES's research goals.
Internships through IES's Partner Organizations
Generally, internships (both paid & non-paid) and volunteer opportunities may be available with the following organizations that IES has worked with either presently or in the past:
- Sierra Club, Illinois Chapter
- Audubon - Chicago Region
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Chicago Conservation Corps (C3)
- Chicago Environmental Network
- Chicago Wilderness
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Uncommon Ground
- Angelic Organics
- CityFarm/The Resource Center
- Growing Power
- Chicago's 49th Ward
- 7 Generations Ahead
- Orion Grassroots Network
- The Student Conservation Association
Another resource to look for hands-on learning opportunities is through Loyola University Chicago's Center for Experiential Learning (CEL). The CEL serves students, faculty, staff, and community partners as a resource for community-based experiential learning opportunities and partnerships.