Film Series, Workshops, Fieldtrips, and Peer-to-Peer Education
Across the departments and student life, co-curricular activities are plentiful at Loyola for staff, students and faculty.
- Monthly film showings in collaboration with the Office of Sustainability, University Libraries and others engage the campus community with thoughtful, relevant environmental topics and post-film discussions
- The Green Learning Community, first-year students explore their potential beyond the classroom on what it means to live sustainably and demonstrate leadership to other students
- Fieldtrips to local and regional open spaces to support ecological restoration and the Midwest's natural heritage
- Workshops to gain knowledge and skills in topics related to food preservation, bicycling, composting and more for professional and personal development
- Educational outreach to student peers to promote behavioral changes that conserve natural resources
Alternative Break Immersions
Students, faculty and staff can participate on Alternative Break Immersions (ABI) though Campus Ministry. Several of ABI programs have a sustainability focus, and there are both national and international locations. Read more...