CISI Insurance FAQ's
The intention of this page is to provide useful information about your Loyola international insurance through CISI (Cultural Insurance and Services International).
All Loyola students must be enrolled in CISI prior to studying abroad per the university’s travel policy. Also, it is extremely important that you carry your CISI ID card at all times while overseas. The Office for International Programs will enroll you in CISI and will email you the card prior to the start of your program.
CISI Brochure, FAQ Sheet and Claim Form
- Click here for the most recent CISI policy brochure for Loyola. The brochure explains the plan coverage in full detail.
- The CISI Medical Claim Form is provided on the last page of the policy brochure. It also explains how to submit a claim.
- For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about CISI please click here.
- Please remember that there is a $100 deductible for each medical incident that you have treated.
- Please be prepared to pay out of pocket and then submit a claim for reimbursement to CISI via the claim form (see above).
Assistance When Overseas
If you need to use CISI in an emergency situation you can follow these steps:
- Notify your on-site staff if possible so they can help assist you.
- Call CISI/Team Assist to open a case. They have a 24 hour line where emergency assistance can be provided. If calling from overseas, the number to use is (01-312) 935-1703 (collect calls accepted). Calls from the US should go to (855)327-1411. Remember that your ID number is the Loyola policy number GLM N04849590 and anyone can open a case for you- friends, family, OIP, your program staff. The sooner the case is opened the better.
- Make sure to present your CISI ID card at any medical facility that you go to so they know that you have the plan.
- Contact the Office for International Programs (OIP) if you are able, so we can help monitor your situation and help provide the necessary resource. Main line: 773-508-7706 or email email@example.com. After hours, contact Campus Safety at 773.508.6039. Campus Safety will be able to get in touch with OIP.