School for International Training (SIT) Summer Programs
SIT offers an appealing variety of study abroad locations, many of which are located in the developing world. 55 programs are available--24 in Africa, 5 in the Middle East, 11 in Asia, 11 in Europe, and 13 in Latin America.
SIT Programs are each centered on one of six Critical Global Issues including: Global Health; Identity and Globalization; Natural Resource Development; Biodiversity and Environmental Policy; Post-Conflict Transformation; Social Movements; Education and Human Rights; and Sustainable Development. All programs are thematic and have a structured curriculum that involves independent research projects and fieldwork.
Semester tuition ranges from $13,010-$14,530. Summer tuition ranges from $5,038-$7,558. There will also be a room and board fee, which varies by program. Please check the SIT website for exact costs.
$1000.00 per semester
$500.00 per summer
Students may apply the federal and state (non-workstudy) aid they receive at Loyola towards their SIT program costs. To learn about how the aid will apply, contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information due to the varying SIT program costs.
Generous need-based scholarships ranging from $500 to $7,000 are available. A list of types of scholarships and the application process can be accessed here. Most fall SIT scholarship deadlines are in early May. For spring, they are in early November, and for summer they are in early April.
Loyola also encourages students to apply for national scholarships.
List of Programs*
- Westfjords: Renewable Energy, Technology, and Resource Economics
- Leh: Himalayan Buddhist Art and Architecture
- New Delhi: Traditional Medicine and Healthcare Practices
- Sikkim: Innovation Lab- Food
- Bali: Community Nature Conservation
- Antananarivo: Traditional Medicine and Health Care Systems
- Rabat: Arabic Language and Community Service
- Kathmandu: Geoscience in the Himalaya
- Geneva: International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy
- Gulu/Kigali: Peace and Conflict Studies in the Lake Victoria Basin
Note: The SIT programs in Vietnam and Chile and the semester program in China are not available to LUC students.