- Course offerings and internships concentrate on a wide range of subjects including art, business, Chinese language, communications, history, literature, philosophy, political science, science, sociology, theology and martial arts (Wushu).
- Professors from Beijing's top universities come to teach for TBC, and many are top scholars in their respective fields.
- Courses are normally 3 semester credit hours each. Most classes are seminar-style and meet once a week.
- Language classes are required of all semester and year-long students unless Chinese fluency is demonstrated.
- Course descriptions are available online. (Note: Courses listed are tentative, not confirmed offerings.)
- Opportunities to learn about China through experiential travel are built into the program. Each semester includes a two week academic trip and several day trips.
- Previous Fall and Spring Core Course Offerings
- Spring 2014 Core Course List
- Fall 2014 Core Course List coming soon!
Internships are offered as a course and inteded for studetns to obtain in-depth knowledge of working in China and of Chinese people and organizations. These internships will encourage students to think about China in a deeper and more meaningful way outside the classroom, and to a unique experience in a Chinese and Greater Asia work environment.
Examples of internships include:
Caijing Magazine http://english.caijing.com.cn/
Center for International Business Ethics http://www.cibe.org.cn/en/
CIBE is an international non-profit reasearch institution that integrats ethical decision making into business strategies through research, education and community campaigns.
Blue Ocean Network http://www.bon.tv/
The first and only private English-language Television network to offer international viewers comprehensive coverage programming produced exclusively from and about China.
China Crop Protection Industry Association (CCPIA) http://www.ccpia.com.cn/en/index.asp
A non-profit trade association that offers a range of market research and consultancy services for the govermnment, and agro-chemical companies and industry.
China Development Brief (English) http://www.chinadevelopmentbrief.cn
CDB reports on the civil society sector in China and seeks to imporve the understanding and cooperation between the international community and China's growing civil society sector.