Attend an initial advising session:
With 100+ programs in 66 countries, you have a world of choices. Come learn about the study abroad programs offered by Loyola University Chicago. Initial advising sessions, led by study abroad alumni and staff, are held at both campuses. To register for a spot in our next initial advising session, click here.
- Lakeshore Campus: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4–5 p.m. in Sullivan Center Room 206.
- Water Tower Campus: some Wednesdays (Feb. 15 & 22; March 15 & 22; April 12 & 19) from 3-4 p.m. in Corboy 205.
- Have questions or need help registering? Call our office at 773.508.3899 or stop by Sullivan 206.
Consider your options:
See our full list of Semester/Full year, J-Term and Spring Break, and Summer Programs & J-Term and check out our Map of Countries where you can study abroad. No two programs are exactly alike—even in the same country. You might find yourself on an American-style campus taking courses in English or living with a host family while taking classes at a local university.
As you’re weighing your options, make sure you Know the Essentials:
- Am I eligible for this program?
- Will I still be on track for graduation?
- How will courses abroad affect me back home?
- When can I apply?
- Can I afford it?
Complete the GoGlobal Worksheet to compare program options and understand the basics of each study abroad program you're considering. This worksheet is required for your meeting with a study abroad advisor.
Get your questions answered:
Come to walk-in hours and speak with a peer ambassador:
- Walk-in hours are every day Monday - Thursday, from 2-5pm.
- We are located in the Sullivan Center, suite 206.
To schedule a one-on-one appointment with a study abroad advisor:
- Call our office at 773.508.3899 or stop by Sullivan 206 to set up an advising appointment.
- Bring the completed GoGlobal Worksheet.
Once you’re ready to apply, click here for the study abroad application and instructions.
- Remember: if you’re attending a Global Partner program (IES, USAC, SIT, API, CIS, SRAS, Jesuit University, and Petition) or a Global Exchange you’ll also need to complete that program’s application.