Students will experience Southeast Asia's geographical beauty and cultural diversity on the following academically-oriented excursions.
- Explore the Cu Chi Tunnels and learn how many Vietnamese in this area experienced the war with the United States.
- Tour the Wild Life at Risk animal rescue station and learn how an NGO is helping protect rare species.
- Spend the day learning about sustainable farming, conservation and biodiversity from ecologists at an agricultural research center.
- Visit a temple and hear from leaders of Cao Dai, a religion created in Vietnam.
- Spend an evening eating food and listening to folk music unique to the Mekong Delta.
Central & Northern Region
- Visit temples and tombs from the ancient Cham society at My Son.
- Learn about Vietnam's last imperial dynasty on a tour of the former capital of Hue.
- Experience Vietnamese nationalism at Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum in Ha Noi.
- Enjoy a variety of other sites and experiences in these two dynamic regions of Vietnam.
- Compare Vietnam with its neighbor to the west during this 4-day excursion.
- Visit two of Cambodia's national treasures: the Royal Palace and Angkor Archeological Park.