School for International Training (SIT) Semester and Academic Year Programs
SIT offers an appealing variety of study abroad locations, many of which are located in the developing world. 55 programs are available--24 in Africa, 5 in the Middle East, 11 in Asia, 11 in Europe, and 13 in Latin America.
SIT Programs are each centered on one of six Critical Global Issues including: Global Health; Identity and Globalization; Natural Resource Development; Biodiversity and Environmental Policy; Post-Conflict Transformation; Social Movements; Education and Human Rights; and Sustainable Development. All programs are thematic and have a structured curriculum that involves independent research projects and fieldwork.
Semester tuition ranges from $13,010-$14,530. Summer tuition ranges from $5,038-$7,558. There will also be a room and board fee, which varies by program. Please check the SIT website for exact costs.
$1000.00 per semester
$500.00 per summer
Students may apply the federal and state (non-workstudy) aid they receive at Loyola towards their SIT program costs. To learn about how the aid will apply, contact Financial Aid at email@example.com for more information due to the varying SIT program costs.
Generous need-based scholarships ranging from $500 to $7,000 are available. A list of types of scholarships and the application process can be accessed here. Most fall SIT scholarship deadlines are in early May. For spring, they are in early November, and for summer they are in early April.
Loyola also encourages students to apply for national scholarships.
- Buenos Aires: Public Health in Urban Environments
- Buenos Aires: Regional Integration, Development, and Social Change
- Buenos Aires: Social Movements and Human Rights
- Balkans: Peace and Conflict Studies
- Belem: Amazon Resource Management and Human Ecology
- Salvador: Public Health, Race, and Human Rights
Cochabamba: Multiculturalism, Globalization, and Social Change
- Fortaleza: Social Justice and Sustainable Development
- Yaoundé: Social Pluralism and Development
- Prague: Arts and Social Change
- Accra: Social Transformation and Cultural Expression
- Jaipur: Sustainable Development and Social Change
- New Delhi: Health and Human Rights
- New Delhi: National Identity and the Arts
- Bedulu: Arts, Religion, and Social Change
- Nairobi and Mombasa: Urbanization, Health, and Human Rights
- Antananarivo: Urbanization and Rural Development
- Fort Dauphin: Biodiversity and Natural Resource Management
- Ulaanbaatar: Geopolitics and the Environment
- Rabat: Field Studies in Journalism and New Media
- Rabat: Migration and Transnational Identity
- Rabat: Multiculturalism and Human Rights
- Amsterdam: International Perspectives on Sexuality and Gender
- Manaqua: Youth Culture, Literacy, and Media
- Panama City: Tropical Ecology, Marine Ecosystems, and Biodiversity Conservation
- Cuzco: Indigenous Peoples and Globalization
- Kigali: Post-Genocide Restoration and Peacebuilding
- Apia: Pacific Communities and Social Change
- Dakar: National Identity and the Arts
- Belgrade: Peace and Conflict Studies in the Balkans
- Cape Town: Multiculturalism and Human Rights
- Durban: Social and Political Transformation
- Durban: Community Health and Social Policy
- Geneva: Global Health and Development Policy
- Geneva: International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy
- Arusha: Wildlife Conservation and Political Ecology
- Stone Town, Zanzibar: Coastal Ecology and Natural Resource Management
- Tunis: Emerging Identities in North Africa
Note: The SIT programs in Vietnam and Chile and the semester program in China are not available to LUC students.