Program Costs and Study Abroad Scholarships
Getting to Rome shouldn't be a problem. In fact, with our affordable payment plan, scholarships, and discounts, a semester at the JFRC may actually cost less than staying home. Here's the breakdown:
JFRC Semester 2012-2013
- Tuition (12-18 credits) - $16,545
- Room and board - $5,840
- Study abroad fee (Loyola students only; payable upon application) - $100
- Technology Fee - $75
- Permesso di soggiorno fee - $200
Total (excluding scholarships, financial aid, and other discounts) - $22,760
JFRC Summer Session 2013 (five-week session)
- Tuition (6 credits) - $4,050
- Room and board - $2,200
- Activities and excursions - $1,000
- Study abroad fee (payable upon application) - $100
- Technology Fee - $30
Total (excluding financial aid and other discounts) - $7,380
Follow the Study Abroad Scholarships link and apply for one of the several scholarships available to all JFRC students during the Fall and Spring semesters. No study abroad scholarships are available for the summer sessions.
- Consult your home institution's study abroad advisor to confirm costs of the JFRC and what aid may apply.
- Tuition and fees at the JFRC are comparable to, and may cost less than, a semester in Chicago.
- All federal, state, and Loyola aid will apply (federal work study does not).
- Office of the Bursar
- Stay for both summer sessions and receive a discount.
- Three all-day-long trips are included,
- Bridge sessions 1 and 2 with an intercession in Greece or Italy (priced separately).
- Enjoy extended off-campus orientation outside of Rome.
- Acclimate yourself to your new surroundings through on-site lectures at the Colosseum and Roman Forum.