Monthly Commitment to Excellence Award
Commitment to Excellence: Monthly Staff Award Program
Each month we seek to recognize and celebrate professional contributions and quality service of our University staff with special acknowledgement for their contributions and exemplary work.
Take a moment to nominate a staff member that goes above and beyond to represent the University's mission and honor the outstanding achievements that make Loyola a special place.
About the Program:
The monthly award was established by the Staff Council to provide recognition for superior performance and extraordinary achievement by staff members. This award demonstrates the University’s commitment to individuals (staff) who provide superior service to its faculty, staff, students and the community at large. Each of the University’s diverse and dedicated staff members plays a vital role in fulfilling the University’s mission. Staff enthusiasm and commitment are indispensable and integral to the life of the University. In all areas, staff members perform a vast array of duties ensuring that the operations of the University are carried out in a swift, courteous, and professional manner. The Commitment to Excellence Monthly Award is the University’s opportunity to honor the outstanding achievements worthy of distinction on a monthly basis.
Employees selected for the award will receive a personal certificate of recognition, a letter submitted to the staff member’s employee file, and will be featured in an announcement on the Loyola website. In addition, the employee will be recognized at the annual Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards ceremony in the fall.
All current full-time Loyola staff members with at least six months of service at the Lakeside and Maywood campuses are eligible for the award. All staff members nominated must be in good standing with the University. Individuals can only receive the award once in a calendar year. Individuals who serve at the senior leadership level or serve as faculty members are ineligible for the award.
Nominations may be submitted by administrators, staff, or faculty. Nominations can be submitted online here. Nominations must be submitted by the 15th of every month and winners will be notified on the last day of the month.
All nominations should reflect at least one of the following criterion:
- The nominee is an individual who has continuously demonstrated outstanding achievement, skills, and commitment to excellence in fulfilling their job description;
- The nominee demonstrates excellence in activities beyond the scope of their job description;
- The nominee has excelled in a one-time noteworthy achievement;
- The nominee demonstrates a positive attitude and/or behavior admired and valued by colleagues;
- The nominee has used personal initiative and creativity to solve an usual problem;
- The nominee has volunteered for an extra or emergency assignment while maintaining his/her own workload;
- The nominee has produced work of exceptionally high quality under a tight deadline;
- The nominee consistently provides exemplary customer service to students, staff, and campus community.