Loyola University Chicago

- Navigation -

Loyola University Chicago

School of Social Work

BSW Internal Admission

The College of Arts and Sciences and Schools of Business Administration, Continuing and Professional Studies, Education, Nursing, and Social Work are all distinct colleges under the direction of separate deans. Students wishing to transfer from one of these colleges to another must complete an Internal Transfer Application.

To transfer between colleges:

Each college has a minimum acceptable GPA requirement:

To transfer to the School of Social Work:

We invite you to apply to the Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) program and join a community of students who have made the decision to enter this rewarding field. Loyola undergraduates with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA and at least a “B” grade in SOWK 200 and 201 may apply to transfer into the School of Social Work by submitting a completed application  form

Admission Requirements:


School of Social Work · 820 North Michigan Avenue, Lewis Towers 1200, Chicago, IL 60611 · 312.915.7005

Notice of Non-discriminatory Policy