The SOC Convergence Studio. Take a virtual tour.
- The School of Communication has three Mac labs where students can edit audio and video using iMovie, Audacity, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Photoshop, InDesign and Flash. They also have access to an Owl Lab, which is open Monday thru Friday from 10:00am to 10:00pm. Students in lab classes can check out audio and video equipment from the Owl Lab.
- Rambler Productions is a student-student staffed video and media service offered by SoC. For informations contact Jim Collins, TV Studio Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com.
- Student Activities
Loyola University Chicago Resources
- LUC Career Center: The Career Center goal is to counsel, educate and empower the Loyola student and alumni community. The CDC serves all Loyola students and alumni as a source for career assessment, career education and assistance with the job search. We play an active role in facilitating contact and relations among students, alumni and employers, as well as providing students and alumni with access to job opportunities.
- Ramblerlink: RamblerLink is a web-based recruiting system designed for university career centers. Whether you are looking for a part-time job, federal work-study jobs, an internship or a full-time position after graduation, RamblerLink is your resource for hundreds of job listings. Students and alumni can browse job postings, apply for positions and sign up for interviews and events. All students will automatically be signed up for RamblerLink as soon as they begin at Loyola. Current students should use their Loyola Universal ID and password to log in.
Online Media Resources:
The Associated Press: The essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. On any given day, more than half the world’s population sees news from the AP. Founded in 1846, the AP today is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering.
The Associated Press Stylebook:The online AP Stylebook takes everything you love about the Stylebook -- A-Z guide to usage, spelling and punctuation -- and adds Internet functionality to make it an even more convenient tool.
Editor and Publisher: Editor and Publisher is the authoritative journal covering all aspects of the newspaper industry, including business, newsroom, advertising, circulation, marketing, technology, online and syndicates.
MediaBistro: Career and Community for Media Professionals, with Freelance Marketplace, Courses and Seminars
The Poynter Institute for Media Studies - Classes, criticism, and more.
The Slot: a spot of copy editors; general copy editing theory, examples of bad usage, and the like
Career Databases and Professional Organizations:
Links for More Research
- Library of Congress' "Thomas" page - Includes links to many U.S. gov't agencies. More importantly, has the Congressional Record online with a search engine.
- Government Documents University of Michigan Libraries.
- Project Gutenberg - Free Public Access to eBooks by Project Gutenberg Consortia Center
- Project Vote Smart - Features biographies and voting records of national politicians.
- The Student Journalism Center - Dedicated solely to the student journalist involved in research.
- The U.S. House of Representatives
- The U.S. Senate