We hope you are having an excellent semester so far. While we’re only halfway through this semester, we’d like to take a moment to invite you to apply for the School of Communication Ambassadors program for the 2017-2018 school year.
The SOC Ambassadors are an important part of the success of our school and university community. As an Ambassador, you serve as a leader to the school, as well as an important voice to our student body. Ambassadors represent the diversity of the SOC community, so we seek students that represent the different majors, interests, student organizations and backgrounds of our school.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Attend monthly with the Dean and Ambassador advisors
- Please note availability is needed during daytime office hours for meetings at WTC
- Volunteer for least 2 programs/events per semester (promotion, set up, registration, runners, etc.)
- Contribute content to social media platforms at least 2 times a semester (i.e contribute a blog post, live tweet a “day in the life”)
- Serve on SOC panels for open houses and recruitment events
- Liaise with other SOC student groups
- As a group, organize and execute spring SOC organization fair (January)
- Via email or in-person meetings, serve as resource for prospective students
- Special projects as assigned
Benefits to Students:
- Develop leadership, public speaking, communication and event management/promotion skills
- Have your voice heard by the SOC dean and administration on topics important to you!
For planning purposes, here are some of the SOC events you will be asked to promote and volunteer:
- Early Fall
- Student Media Organization Fair (Phoenix, WLUW, Sports Locker)
- School of Communication Exhibit Opening(WTC)
- Mid-Late Fall:
- Undergraduate Admission Open House (LSC)
- Annual International Symposium on Digital Ethics (WTC)
- Undergraduate Admission Open House (LSC)
- Spring 2018:
- Career Week & Job and Internship Fair (WTC)
- SOC Organization Fair (WTC)
- Loyola Weekend (LSC)
- Other events, panels, tours, etc and further details to be announced. Note: specific assignments to come.
To be considered for the 2017 – 2018 School of Communication Ambassador program, please apply via this online form by Friday, March 31st.
The School of Communication Student Ambassadors, a select group dedicated to the positive promotion of Loyola University Chicago and specifically the School of Communication, are an essential component of SOC's public relations outreach.
The SOC Ambassadors are an important part of the success of our school and university community. Ambassadors serve as leaders to the school, as well as an important voice of our student body. Generally, Ambassadors attend School of Communication events to lend their talent and voice to ensure success. You'll find Ambassadors assisting with event logistics, promotion, and execution through the development of PR materials, encouraging fellow students to attend, emceeing, designing posters, social media outreach, etc. Students serve as a liaison to alumni and prospective students, relying on their knowledge and passion for the SOC to positively promote our school and programs.
Interested in attending Loyola's School of Communication? Find the Ambassador who best reflects your ideal college experience and e-mail them today!
|Name||Field of Study||Academic Level|
|Renee Zagozdron||Communication Studies||Senioremail@example.com|
|Cheria Moore||Global Strategic Communication||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Haley Minnick||Communication Studies||Junioremail@example.com|
|Harrison Swanson||Film & Digital Media||Juniorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karley Daudell||Advertising & Public Relations||Senioremail@example.com|
|Madeline Kenney||Multimedia Journalism||Seniorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maria Pinilla||Advertising & Public Relations||Junioremail@example.com|
|Hannah Chin||Multimedia Journalism||Sophomorefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Whitney Critten||Global Strategic Communication||Graduate Studentemail@example.com|
|Dylan Conover||Multimedia Journalism Minor||Seniorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ashley Kennedy||Communication Studies||Sophomoreemail@example.com|
|Zindy Marquez||Advertising & Public Relations||Juniorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Giulia Corrado||Advertising & Public Relations||Junioremail@example.com|
|Nicholas Coulson||Multimedia Journalism||Juniorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Patrice Pirpiris, Co-Chair||Communication Studies||Senioremail@example.com|
|Colleen Kenney, Co-Chair||Communication Studies: Advocacy & Social Change; English||Seniorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alissa Griffin, Co-Chair||Communication Studies; Political Science||Senioremail@example.com|