Second Year Ambassadors
Apply to be a Second Year Ambassador
Applications for the 2014-2015 Second Year Ambassadors will be taken from February 24th, 2014 through March 14th 2014. Those interested in applying must email a current resume, cover letter stating why you are interested and qualified to be an ambassador, and an unofficial Loyola transcript. All applications must be saved as either Microsoft Word or PDF files with your first and last name and sent to Roy Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for the job description:
The Second Year Ambassador position is a leadership position through the Office of Leadership Development and Second Year Experience (LDSYE) at Loyola University Chicago. The Second Year Ambassador will report to the LDSYE Program Assistant. The position is collaborative in that the LDSYE Team works in tandem with the administration and implementation of various programs focused on assisting second year students to develop their leadership and discernment skills while fostering a sense of class identity. Duties of the Second Year Ambassador include, but are not limited to: the planning, implementation, and facilitation of core SYE programs, promoting programs through various social media and print outlets, and serving as resources/ambassadors of the second year class. Ambassadors will also be expected to offer input into the development of the outreach and initiatives of the SYE office. Ambassadors must assist SYE in its Welcome Back Week events for the fall of 2014.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Current Loyola Undergraduate Student (sophomore or higher class standing)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to effectively communicate with variety of stakeholders, including University leadership, faculty, staff, students, and alumni
- Effective project management skills
- Flexibility to work some weekends and evenings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with social media outlets, including Facebook and Twitter
- Candidates should have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students hired will serve in this role for the 2014-2015 academic year, but must attend the Common Leader Training on April 6, 2014.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our hope is that students will remain in the position for the full 2014-2015 academic year (pending satisfactory job performance).
Serving as a Second Year Ambassador through the Office of Leadership Development and Second Year Experience (LDSYE) is an opportunity for Loyola students to develop leadership and professional skills that will be highly useful in life post-graduation. Our Second Year Ambassadors will be the liaison between the LDSYE office and the second year student population in order to better serve and enhance the Loyola Experience of our students. To accomplish this, the Second Year Ambassadors will work to assist second year students in developing their leadership and discernment skills while fostering a sense of class identity. This is a leadership development opportunity. If you are interested in learning more about the Second Year Ambassadors or becoming a second year ambassador, email Roy Rodriguez at email@example.com.