Some individuals may find that they prefer to learn how to use Sakai on their own. Here is a list of "self-service" Sakai training modules and options. Some of these resources come from the Sakai community.
- Sakai 101: Migration from Blackboard to Sakai
Instructions for Enrolling Follow these instructions and choose "Instructional Technologies" in the Training Catalog to enroll in this 30-minute mini-course.
Sakai 101: Migration from Blackboard to Sakai is the required version of the course.
Sakai 101: Migration from Blackboard to Sakai (for review) will allow you to view the slides in any order, once you have completed the required version.
- Introduction to Sakai - The New Learning Management System - Recording of Session A2 from ITS Tech Conference Spring 2013
Information and updates on the move from Blackboard to Sakai in summer 2013. Covers training opportunities and an overview of the basic features of the Sakai learning management system.
- Building a Course with Sakai - Recording of Session B2 from ITS Tech Conference Spring 2013
Guides instructors through setting up a course site in Sakai. Focuses on how to manage the most commonly used Sakai tools: Site Info, Syllabus, Announcements, Resources, Assignments, and Lesson Builder.
- Using Sakai to Build a Community - Recording of Session D1 from ITS Tech Conference Spring 2013
Sakai project sites are designed to facilitate collaboration and are similar in function to Blackboard communities. Covers how to create a project site, determine the tools to include within the site, select appropriate access privileges, and add collaborators to the site.
- Recordings of Sakai training sessions led by Loyola Staff