Information and Services FAQ
- I am applying for an internship that requires that I demonstrate that I have not been disciplined by the University for my conduct, can Campus Safety provide a letter stating so?
In order for a University background check to be completed, we must receive a letter from the organization you are applying to and it must also include your signature giving us permission to provide the information to the organization. We will then contact the organization with our findings. We do not provide these reports to the individual who requested the information.
- Does Loyola Campus Safety disseminate incident reports to the general public?
No. Crime statistics are published annually per the Clery Act and can be found here.
- Where can I get more information about parking on campus?
For information on parking, please contact the Transportation office at (773) 508-2399 or http://www.luc.edu/transportation/index.shtml
- My car's battery is dead and I need a jump and/or I have a flat tire. Does the University offer any type of roadside assistance?
Campus Safety will contact our Facilities Department for anyone reporting a dead car battery or a flat tire. If there is a person available they will respond to your location and assist you. Please note, they are only capable of jumping a battery and doing the physical labor of changing a tire. They DO NOT provide any parts needed, it is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to insure they have the proper items to change a tire.
- I locked my keys in my car, can Campus Safety help me?
Loyola University Chicago does not "slim jim" into vehicles to retrieve keys. We suggest you contact a towing or mobile automotive repair service for assistance.