Each student will be assigned his/her own move-in date and time. Please plan your trip accordingly to arrive at the given time. Be sure to check your Move-in Manual for information regarding traffic, unloading and parking information.=
=The following are Move-in Days (You will be given your move-in date and time. The following dates are for planning purposes only.):
- Water Tower Campus
- Tuesday, August 18—Baumhart residents will be assigned a move-in time between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Lakeshore Campus
- Tuesday, August 18—Campion residents will be assigned a specific move-in time for this day. First year students participating in the final Orientation session will also be assigned a move-in time on this day.
- Wednesday, August 19—First Year students (primarily out-of-state students) will be assigned a move-in time between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, August 20—First Year students (primarily in-state students) will be assigned a move-in time between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, August 22—Lake Shore Campus upperclass students will be assigned move-in times between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Sunday, August 23—Lake Shore Campus upperclass students will be assigned move-in times between noon and 4 p.m.
No move-ins are allowed Friday, August 21.
If you arrive after your assigned move-in date/time, Residence Life cannot guarantee that volunteers will be able to assist with move-in. While you can check out a move-in cart on your own, volunteers may not be available to assist with unloading your car and bringing your belongings to your room. As a reminder, you are always welcome to move in after your assigned date and time, but the department cannot allow any early move-ins—no exceptions!
Here are some additional suggestions to make your move-in go smoothly:
- Travel in one car only: multiple cars, RVs, and other large vehicles will not be permitted to park in the on-campus parking garage. Each student will receive a parking pass for one car only in their Move-In Manual.
- Have your Insurance Card, Loyola ID & Emergency contact information ready as you pull up to your designated unloading area at your assigned time, as detailed in your Move-In Manual.
Once you arrive on campus, Hall Staff will be on hand to meet you and guide you to your check-in tent. Students may only check-in at the tent for their assigned residence hall.
- You will be given a key to your room and other important documents at the check-in tent.
- While you are checking in, our move-in volunteers and professional movers will unload your car and take your belongings to your room.
- Once in your room, please fill out an eRCR, which is a room condition report, before you unpack! This can be found at luc.edu/ercr.
- As you settle in, please take time to meet your Resident Director, Resident Assistants & Desk Receptionists. They will be a great resource as you adjust to Loyola and Chicago!
- Unpack! Welcome Home!
Now that you’re in your room, it’s time to jumpstart your Loyola Experience! Welcome Week offers many events for all students.