Each student will be assigned his/her own move-in date and time. Please plan your trip accordingly to arrive at the given time. Be sure to check your Move-in Manual for information regarding traffic, unloading and parking information.
The following are Move-in Days (YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR OWN MOVE-IN DATE AND TIME. The following dates are for planning purposes only.):
- Water Tower Campus
- Sunday, August 17: Graduate students, Law School move-in and Baumhart move-in volunteers
- Tuesday, August 19: Baumhart move-in
- Lakeshore Campus
- Monday, August 18th: Start the Fire Retreat participants, Lakeshore Campus move-in volunteers, transfer students, and international students move-in
- Tuesday, August 19th: Campion residents, Honors students and final Orientation participants move-in
- Wednesday, August 20th: First Year out-of-state students move-in
- Thursday, August 21st: First Year in-state students move-in
- Saturday, August 23rd and Sunday, August 24th: Second year students and Upper-class move-in
No move-ins are allowed Friday, August 22nd.
If you arrive after your assigned move-in date/time, Residence Life cannot guarantee that volunteers will be able to assist with move-in. While you can check out a move-in cart on your own, volunteers may not be available to assist with unloading your car and bringing your belongings to your room
Here are some additional suggestions to make your move-in go smoothly:
- Travel in one car only: multiple cars, RVs, and other large vehicles will not be permitted to park in the on-campus parking garage. Each student will receive a parking pass for one car only in their Move-In Manual.
- Have your Insurance Card, Loyola ID & Emergency contact information ready as you pull up to your designated unloading area at your assigned time, as detailed in your Move-In Manual.
Once you arrive on campus, Hall Staff will be on hand to meet you and guide you to your check-in tent. Students may only check-in at the tent for their assigned residence hall.
- You will be given a key to your room and other important documents at the check-in tent.
- While you are checking in, our move-in volunteers and professional movers will unload your car and take your belongings to your room.
- Once in your room, please fill out an eRCR, which is a room condition report, before you unpack! This can be found at luc.edu/ercr
- As you settle in, please take time to meet your Resident Director, Resident Assistants & Desk Receptionists. They will be a great resource as you adjust to Loyola and Chicago!
- Unpack! Welcome Home!
Now that you’re in your room, it’s time to jumpstart your Loyola Experience! Welcome Week offers many events for all students.