Fordham Hall is named after Fordham University, a Jesuit institution of higher education located in New York. Fordham University was founded in 1841 as St. John’s College in the village of Fordham. The Society of Jesus took over administration for St. John’s in 1846, and the university officially changed its name to Fordham University in 1907. Approximately 14,500 students attend Fordham University.
Fordham has a large parking garage connected to the building that is used primarily by faculty and staff. Fordham is connected to the Granada Center offices, but access is limited between the two areas. Laundry facilities are located in the building.
|Street Address||6455 N Sheridan Road*|
|Hall Type||Single gender by apartment, coed building|
|Bathrooms||1 private bath per room (2 baths per quad apartment).|
|Dining||Residents have access to Damen Dining, Simpson Dining, and de Nobili Dining|
|Room types||Studio Doubles, One bedroom Doubles, Quads|
|Winter Break||Open to those who register|
|Front Desk||24-hour monitored and staffed security desk; ID entry required|
|Beds||Bunkable**, extra-long twin beds 85.5”L x 36”W x 36”H|
*Please note: All student mail and packages should be sent to the mail room at:
6317 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60660.
The residence halls cannot accept any mail.