Re-Apply for Housing
Please review the steps to the Room Re-Application Process. If you have any questions, you can always call the Department of Residence Life during business hours at 773.508.3300.
Look at the Room Selection Fall 15screenshots so you know how to choose your space.
There are 6 Steps to the Room Re-Application Process
- Step 1: Understanding the Process
- Step 2: Exploring Your Options
- Step 3: Applying for Housing
- Step 4: Preparing for online room selection
- Step 5: Choosing your room
- Step 6: Confirming your space
Understanding the process
- Attend a Re-Application Information session the week of January 26. Any student can attend any information session, so choose any session that fits your schedule. Get tips, details, and learn how to get your application started!
Date Time Location Monday, January 26 5 p.m. Regis Hall Multipurpose Room Monday, January 26 6 p.m. Regis Hall Multipurpose Room Tuesday, January 27 6 p.m. Life Sciences Building Room 142 Wednesday, January 28 5 p.m. Crown Center Auditorium Wednesday, January 28 6 p.m. Crown Center Auditorium Thursday, January 29 5 p.m. Life Sciences Building Room 142 Thursday, January 29 6 p.m. Life Sciences Building Room 142
- Attend an Upper-Class Area Tour. This is your best opportunity to see what it's really like to live in each Residence Hall. On Wednesday, January 28 and Thursday, January 29 you can take a tour of each upperclass hall on the Lake Shore Campus. Start your tours at any upperclass desk (Bellarmine, Fordham, Marquette South, Messina, Regis, San Francisco, and Santa Clara). Make sure you see as many halls as possible. If you see all of them, you'll be entered into the Gold Raffle and if you see at least 8 halls, you'll be entered into the Maroon Raffle. Prizes include a very good lottery number and great stuff from the bookstore!
- Attend the Water Tower Campus Life Open House and Baumhart Tour on Tuesday, January 27 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. You'll be able to attend a special Information Session, ask questions of Residence Life Staff, and learn more about the services available on the Water Tower Campus.
Exploring your options
- Visit Living Options to learn more about available housing opportunities for returning students.
- Participate in Upperclass Area Tours during the week of January 26 to tour housing options.
- Talk to your friends and classmates about living together—start to think about who your roommates might be!
- If you need to submit a Request for Exemption to the Residency Requirement, turn your form in by February 4. This will give staff ample time to review your request and inform you of the decision before the application deadline. You can submit a Request for Exemption here.
Applying for housing
- Complete your Housing Application through your LOCUS account beginning February 2 at 9 a.m. Be sure to complete all sections of the application, including roommates, your roommate PIN, roommate lifestyle preferences, and meal plan selections. YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE IF YOU DID NOT CLICK FINISH. Need help with this? Stop by our offices in Simpson Living Learning Center, room 107.
- Submit your non-refundable $500 housing prepayment through your LOCUS account beginning February 2. Need help with your prepayment? Contact the Department of Residence Life.
- Complete all application materials and your pre-payment by the February 11 deadline to be eligible for the online self-selection process. All rising second year students (current first year students) MUST apply for on-campus housing!*
Preparing for online room selection
- Receive your lottery number and selection time via your LUC email account on February 13.
- Work with your roommate group to plan for your selection time. Collect your roommate's PIN numbers before your assigned selection time. If your roommates forgot their PIN, they can reset it by logging in to LOCUS and going to the Residence Life tab.
- Review Room Selection Fall 15 screen shots.
- Based on the number of applications received, the Department of Residence Life will notify students of any anticipated need for a Deferred Housing list for students who may not be able to participate in the online self-selection process.
Choosing your room
- Select your room during your assigned time!
- Online Room Self-Selection for Current First Year Students: February 23–25
- Online Room Self-Selection for All other Students: February 19–20
- Select your room during your assigned time!
STEP 6: Confirming your space
- Receive a final confirmation email from the Department of Residence Life in early March.
- Any student who was unable to participate in online room selection due to limited number of available spaces will receive more information about the Deferred Housing process after Spring Break.
*Any rising second year student who wishes to request exemption from the residency requirement must submit an online Request for Release/Exemption Form by February 4 for review. Any rising second year student who fails to submit an online housing application or is not approved for an exemption will be assigned housing after the online selection period has ended.