Re-Apply for Housing
Welcome Back Ramblers! Below you will find important dates and detailed steps outlining the application & selection process for housing for returning students. When viewing our living options for returning students please take advantage of our Living Comparison Guide for Sophomore Students & our Living Comparison Guide for Junior & Senior Students (Note: room availability is subject to change without notice.)
February 1st: Contract and Prepayment available through LOCUS
February 4th: Learning Community Application DUE
February 7: Accepting Exemption/Release
February 8th: Exemption request deadline- Applications DUE (www.luc.edu/erelease)
February 15th: Applications and pre-payments DUE
February 20th: Lottery and Roommate ID numbers e-mailed to LUC e-mail accounts
February 25th-27th: Online Room selection
March 11th: Final Confirmation E-mails Sent (To university E-mail account)
Check out each step below to learn more!
The housing application for returning students will be available beginning February 1, 2013.
Understanding the process
- Attend Returning Room Selection Information session during the week of January 28th – February 1st. Separate meetings will be held for rising sophomores, rising juniors/seniors, graduate students, students currently commuting, students with ADA housing requirements, and students with full room and board scholarships. Get tips, details, and learn how to get your application started! (students will be notified if they should attend a special population information session)
Exploring your options
- Visit Living Options to learn more about available housing opportunities for returning students.
- Participate in Apartment Tours during the week of January 28th to tour housing options.
- Talk to your friends and classmates about living together – start to think about who your roommates might be!
- Consider applying for a Learning Community as an upper-class student. Applications for Learning Communities will be due February 4th, by 5:00PM.
- Review the housing Terms of Agreement to ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities in the housing application and contract process.
- Review the Room & Board Rates to learn more about the different costs for next year.
Applying for housing
- Complete your Housing Application through your LOCUS account beginning February 1st. Be sure to complete all sections of the application, including roommates, lifestyle preferences, and meal plan selections. Need help with this? Stop by our offices in Simpson Living Learning Center, room 107.
- Submit your non-refundable $500 housing prepayment through your LOCUS account beginning February 1st. Need help with your prepayment? Contact the Department of Residence Life.
- Complete all application materials and your pre-payment by the February 15th deadline to be eligible for the online self-selection process. All rising sophomores (current first year students) MUST apply for on-campus housing! *
- Students currently living in Baumhart, Fordham, Regis and Santa Clara halls for the 2012-2013 academic year will be notified via email of their eligibility for room retention; any student eligible for retention will be required to indicate their intent to retain their current space for the coming year, in addition to completing application and prepayment processes. Details about the room retention process will be outlined through the Information Sessions held in January, and through E-Mail communications with eligible students.
Preparing for online room selection
- Receive your lottery number and selection time via your LUC email account on February 20th.
- Work with your roommate group to plan for your selection time. Collect important information you will need for the online selection process (Loyola ID, housing ID number, meal plan preferences, etc.) to make sure you are prepared!
- Based on the number of applications received, the Department of Residence Life will notify students of any anticipated need for a Deferred Housing list for students who may not be able to participate in the online self-selection process.
Choosing your room
- Select your room during your assigned time!
- Room Retention: Thursday, February 21st
- Interbuilding room change: Thursday, February 21st
- Roommate Pull-in: Friday, February 22nd
- Online Room Self-Selection: February 25th – 27th
- Use the step-by-step guide to online room selection if you want a little extra help during your assigned lottery time
STEP 6: Confirming your space
- Receive a final confirmation email from the Department of Residence Life by March.
- Any students who were unable to participate in online room selection due to limited number of available spaces will receive more information about the Deferred Housing process after Spring Break.
* Any rising sophomore who wishes to request exemption from the residency requirement must submit an online Request for Release/Exemption Form by February 8th for review. Any rising sophomore who fails to submit an online housing application or is not approved for an exemption will be assigned housing after the online selection period has ended.
The housing application for returning students will be available beginning February 1, 2013. (For best results use Internet Explorer)
As of the start of selection on Friday, May 31st, the following rooms will be available for all Sophomore Regis residents transitioning to new housing. The list will not update automatically so if you do not see the room during selection time this means it has already been selected and you will want to select a back-up space.
As always please feel free to contact the Department of Residence Life at 773-508-3300 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.