Business Core Curriculum
All Quinlan School of Business students must complete 13 courses to develop a solid understanding of all areas of business:
- ACCT 201. Introductory Accounting I
- ACCT 202. Introductory Accounting II
- ECON 201. Principles of Economics I (Micro)
- ECON 202. Principles of Economics II (Macro)
- ECON 303. Microeconomics or
ECON 304. Macroeconomics*
- FINC 332. Business Finance
- ISOM 241. Business Statistics
- INFS 247. Business Information Systems
- OPMG 332. Operations Management
- LREB 315. Law and the Regulatory Environment of Business I
- MGMT 201. Managing People and Organizations
- MGMT 304. Strategic Management
- MARK 201. Principles of Marketing
* ECON 303 is required for finance and economics majors.
For a complete list of Quinlan School of Business courses, see Course Offerings.
In addition to the Business Core, student must also complete the following Quinlan School of Business requirements:
- COMM 101. Public Speaking *
- MATH 131 or 161. Elements of Calculus or Calculus I
- MGMT 341. Business Ethics
- BSAD 220. Internship and Career Preparation
- Two Writing Intensive courses, one of which must be a Quinlan course or ENGL 210
- Global Awareness. The course used to satisfy this requirement may include any course from the INTL major group including ANTH 100, 102. ASIA 101, INTS 101, LASP 101, PLSC 102, or a study abroad experience will count toward this requirement.
*Accounting majors must take COMM 103 or ENGL 210 in place of COMM 101.