Mr. Frain is currently a Senior Vice President in the Chicago Region Industrial Services Group and is a leader of the firm’s Global Supply Chain Practice Group. He is responsible for developing and implementing local and national real estate solutions for clients with diverse needs. His focus is assisting corporate users of industrial space by optimizing their distribution and manufacturing networks and providing results driven total real estate occupancy cost strategies. Mr. Frain successfully integrates a holistic approach to his client’s real estate strategies by delivering transportation analysis, labor analytics, and economic incentive negotiations. Bill’s clients span a broad range of industries including food service, retail distribution, consumer goods, and manufacturers of industrial products.
Mr. Frain is a CBRE veteran coming to the firm following its merger with Insignia/ESG in 2003. Throughout his twenty-eight year career, he has negotiated transactions in 50 markets outside of Chicago including Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia valued in excess of $1.5 billion. Bill implements real estate strategies that have consistently saved his clients time and money.
Areas of Expertise include: Tenant Representation, Logistics Consulting, Site Selection, Surplus Asset Disposition.
- NAIOP Industrial Transaction of the Year Finalist 2010- (Chicago ) RTC, 503,000SF, Romeoville, IL-
- SIOR Largest Cooperative Transaction of Year 2008 (National) Macy’s, 861,000 S.F., Minooka, IL-
- NAIOP Industrial Transaction of the Year Finalist 2008 – (Chicago) Macy’s, -861,000 S.F., Minooka, IL
- SIOR Largest Cooperative Transaction of the Year Finalist 2008- (Salt Lake City, Utah) Sephora-320,000SF
- NAIOP Industrial Transaction of the Year Finalist 1993 – (Chicago) Komatsu Dresser, - 1,200,000 S.F., Broadview, IL
- NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Finalist 1998 – (Chicago) ADP, Elk Grove Village, IL - 250,000 SF , Elk Grove Village, IL
- CoStar Power Broker, multiple times
- Past President, Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE)
- State of Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
- CSCMP (Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals)
Mr. Frain attended the Miami University of Ohio and the University of Toledo and earned a B.B.A. in Business Administration.
Mr. Frain has dedicated a significant amount of his personal time to local city government committees and charitable activities including coaching various youth organized sports. Bill resides in Lake Forest with his wife, and two children.