Beth Corey is a partner and business lawyer at Foley & Lardner LLP, where her transactional practice includes real estate and business transactions for automotive, health care and hospital, energy efficiency, commercial, industrial, and retail projects for matters relating to leasing, acquisition, disposition, development, and financing of commercial ventures. She has been engaged in the counsel of clients in business law since 1982, in Chicago, Illinois. Ms. Corey also counsels financing, technology and investor clients on gaming aspects of online applications.
Ms. Corey received her law degree from New York Law School in 1982 and a B.A. from Butler University in 1973. She is a member of the American Bar Association and the Women Presidents Organization.
Ms. Corey has been Peer Review Rated as AV® Preeminent™, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell's peer review rating system. The American Lawyer recognized her as a Top Health Care Attorney based on this ranking. She was selected for inclusion in the 2011 and 2012 list of The Legal 500 US, highlighting her work in real estate and the 2012 list for her experience in hospitality and golf development and financing. In 2013, she was named one of the Top 50 Women Real Estate Lawyers in Illinois, based on surveys conducted by Leading Lawyers Network. Ms. Corey is also listed in the 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions of Illinois Super Lawyers® and the Illinois Leading Lawyers list.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Representation of multi-site automotive group for its reorganization and $24M refinancing of its real property assets
- Representation of automobile dealership in greater Chicago area with multiple locations in acquisitions of two new dealerships, four additional dealership properties and more than $30M in financings, including asset buy-sell agreements, real property purchase agreements, collective bargaining agreement issues, ERISA and pension benefit issues, and franchise and licensing agreements
- Representation of private equity firm in the real estate aspects of the acquisition of a southeastern, multi-state medical practice
- Representation of eastern U.S. hospital in its disposition of assets and multiple properties in $45M sale
- Representation of southeastern hospital system for the restructure of its energy services in connection with its expansion by acquisition of another hospital system
- Representation of specialty hospital group in its joint venture acquisition of national specialty practice
- Representation of specialty hospital for its real estate acquisition and redevelopment of medical office building property, including preparation of investment organization
- Representation of consortium and institutional fund for formation for engineering assessment and financing of energy efficiency project for consideration by state authorities
- Representation of movie and restaurant chain for multi-state retail developments in Illinois and California
- Representation of Chicago developer for ongoing small shop retail leasing, and the sale of two grocery anchored centers culminating in the completion of a development cycle by disposition following acquisition, development, leasing and financing
Ms. Corey is actively involved in other specific areas of law firm management and leadership, including Foley’s Diversity Committee and Partnership Selection Committee.