MBA Entrance Exams
Preparing for Graduate School: The Ins and Outs of the GMAT/GRE
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are the most common entrance exams for graduate-level business schools.
- Preparing for GMAT or GRE: The GMAT and the GRE are delivered in English and test your verbal, mathematical, analytical, and writing skills. Understanding the format and doing several sample tests in each section will help prepare you for this important entrance exam. Several resources are available online and in stores, including sample GMAT and GRE tests. Start preparing well in advance.
- Scheduling your test: The GMAT and GRE are held all-year around. Go Online to find a convenient testing location. It is important to check the dates for submission of scores and schedule testing to receive the results in time.
- On the day of your Exam: To minimize your stress on the exam day, make sure you are familiar with exam administration rules, test center regulations, your rights and responsibilities, and what to bring with you to the exam.
Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business Admission Requirements
GMAT and GRE scores help us screen applicants and are a prerequisite for enrollment to Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business.
We have specific guidelines for submission of GMAT and GRE scores:
- Official GMAT and GRE scores must be submitted directly from the testing service
- Results must be received at the time of the application process
- Applicants with 7 or more years of progressive managerial experience may request a GMAT/GRE waiver. To do so, you must submit a packet that includes: a 1-page letter highlighting your managerial achievements, a current resume, and official transcripts.
Apply for the GMAT waiver prior to submitting your application for admission.
Your waiver package should be mailed to:
Quinlan School of Business
Loyola University Chicago
ATTN: Pamela McCoy
1 E. Pearson, Maguire Hall
Chicago, IL 60611
Apply now! You can also request more information online or visit our downtown Chicago campus for more information about Quinlan School of Business admission.