Master of Science in Human Resources (MSHR)
A master's degree in Human Resources from Loyola University Chicago sets you apart in a competitive job market. The Master of Science in Human Resources, offered by the Institute of Human Resources and Employment Relations within Loyola's Quinlan School of Business, will give you the expertise and the alumni network to advance your career. You will enjoy all the benefits of our vibrant educational environment at the Water Tower Campus. Individual access to an alumni mentor will enrich your graduate education and increase your contacts in the HR community.
Our MSHR program develops leaders with sophisticated human resources and employment relations knowledge, a commitment to ethical and social responsibility and exceptional analytical, team and communication skills. Graduates of the program are in high demand because of their ability to help organizations attract, retain, and motivate talented employees.
Benefits of the program
- Prepares students for a variety of leadership roles including HR generalist or specialist in global human resources, staffing, compensation/benefits, employment relations, or employee development
- Encourages a global perspective through course work, interactions with international students and faculty members, and study abroad options
- Makes available alumni mentors who are leaders in the Chicago’s human resources and employment relations professional community
- Offers a degree that is certified by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Promotes ethical and values-based leadership
- Access to a network of 3,000 plus alumni who occupy HR Positions in almost every major organization in the Chicago metropolitan area
Explore the program
Learn more about the MSHR degree through the following links:
- Alumni Testimonials
- Dual-Degree Program (MBA/MS in Human Resources)
- HRER Mentor Program
- Study Abroad Opportunities
For more information, attend an open house or contact:
Dow Scott, PhD
Director of MSHR and Professor of Human Resources
and Employment Relations
Quinlan School of Business, Graduate Programs
Loyola University Chicago
Maguire Hall, 1 E. Pearson St.
Chicago, IL 60611