Master of Science in Human Resources (MSHR)
Set yourself apart in a competitive job market with a master's degree in human resources from Loyola University Chicago's Quinlan School of Business.
Our master in human resources will give you the expertise and skills to help advance your career, as well as access to a strong alumni and human resources network in Chicago. As you develop your human resource management and employment relations knowledge, you will also strengthen your analytical, team, and communication skills, and increase your understanding of business ethics and social responsibility.
Society for Human Resource Management Alignment
Our program fully aligns with SHRM’s guidelines. Developed in 2006, the guidelines define HR education standards taught in university business schools across the country and help universities develop human resources degree programs that follow these standards.
Learn more →
Graduates of the MSHR program are in high demand because of their ability to help organizations attract, retain, and motivate talented employees. In the last three years, our graduates have been hired by many of the top companies in the Chicago area, including the Federal Savings Bank, Morningstar, Five Below, Trisect, S&C Electric Company, Northern Trust, and more.
The Master of Science in Human Resources is offered by the Institute of Human Resources and Employment Relations within Loyola's Quinlan School of Business.
MSHR Program Structure
Graduate human resources classes are held weekday evenings on Loyola's Water Tower Campus, which is conveniently located off the Red Line in downtown Chicago, as well as online. The MSHR program is on a 10-week quarter system, and you can begin the program in any quarter.
Benefits of the MSHR program
- Join a network of 3,000 human resources alumni who work in nearly every major corporation in the Chicago metropolitan area
- Prepare for a variety of management roles, including HR generalist or specialist in international human resources, staffing, compensation/benefits, employment relations, or employee development
- Gain a global perspective through coursework, interactions with international students and faculty members, and through MSHR study abroad courses
- Connect with alumni mentors who are leaders in human resource management
- Experience a degree certified by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Dive into ethical and values-based leadership
Explore the MSHR program
Learn more about the Master of Science in Human Resources degree:
- Alumni Testimonials
- Mentor Program
- Study Abroad Program
- Dual-Degree Program (MBA/MS in Human Resources)
Not ready to commit to a degree program? Consider our Human Resources and Employment Relations certificate program, which can be completed in five courses. Learn more →
For more information about the master's in human resources degree program, visit us or contact:
Dow Scott, PhD
Director of M.S. in Human Resources
Professor of Human Resources and Employment Relations