Master of Science in Human Resources (MSHR)
Set yourself apart in a competitive job market with a master's degree in human resources from Loyola University Chicago.
Our program will give you the expertise and skills to help advance your career, as well as access to a strong alumni and human resources network in Chicago. As you develop your human resources and employment relations knowledge, you will also strengthen your analytical, team, and communication skills, and increase your understanding of business ethics and social responsibility.
Graduates of the program are in high demand because of their ability to help organizations attract, retain, and motivate talented employees. In the last three years, our graduates have been hired by the Federal Savings Bank, Morningstar, Five Below, Trisect, S&C Electric Company, Northern Trust, and more.
The Master of Science in Human Resources is offered by the Institute of Human Resources and Employment Relations within Loyola's Quinlan School of Business.
Benefits of the program
- Join a network of 3,000 alumni who work in nearly every major corporation in the Chicago metropolitan area
- Prepare for a variety of leadership roles, including HR generalist or specialist in global human resources, staffing, compensation/benefits, employment relations, or employee development
- Gain a global perspective through course work, interactions with international students and faculty members, and study abroad
- Connect with alumni mentors who are leaders in the field
- Experience a degree certified by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Dive into ethical and values-based leadership
Explore the program
Learn more about the Master of Science in Human Resources degree:
- Alumni Testimonials
- Mentor Program
- Study Abroad Opportunities
- Dual-Degree Program (MBA/MS in Human Resources)
For more information, visit us or contact:
Dow Scott, PhD
Director of M.S. in Human Resources
Professor of Human Resources and Employment Relations