Graduate Programs at Quinlan
Loyola University Chicago's Quinlan School of Business offers top-ranked, convenient MBA and MS programs for motivated professionals seeking to advance their business careers.
Through evening and weekend classes in downtown Chicago, in Vernon Hills, and online, you will be able to mold your graduate business program around the specific demands of your personal and professional life.
Learn more about Quinlan's top rankings and reputation →
Flexible. Convenient. Transformative.
As a working professional attending on a part-time basis, you will learn from the same acclaimed faculty, use the same excellent facilities, and benefit from the same one-on-one service provided to our full-time MBA and MS students.
As a full-time MBA or MS student, you will gain insight, professional advice, and an abundance of networking opportunities brought into the classroom by the working professionals sitting right next to you.
Both options allow you the opportunity to tailor your studies to your specific needs and professional aspirations. We offer a broad range of degree programs, specializations, graduate certificates, and other types of executive education.
You're focused on the job you're doing, but you have big plans for the future as well. The question is: how will you get there? Loyola University Chicago's Quinlan School of Business offers graduate programs that will prepare you for your career ahead. Our wide range of degree options present opportunities for you to stand out as you position yourself for your next promotion. Quinlan's top-ranked and respected programs are designed to help you take the next step in your professional life.
Extraordinary leaders are respected and trusted in their organizations as well as in their communities. How do they reach that pinnacle? They do so by acting with the confidence and conviction that comes with doing the right thing—not just for their company, but for all stakeholders as well. At Quinlan, you will learn from the successes and mistakes of business leaders and see how those principles translate into the work you are doing today, as well as the achievements you will strive to make tomorrow.
- The Quinlan School of Business is among the 5% of business schools in the USA and worldwide that meet the rigorous standards of AACSB International accreditation, reflecting our mission of commitment to educating the whole person and excellence in business education.
- The Quinlan School of Business has historically been highly respected in U.S. News & World Report's annual ranking of part-time MBA programs, and our position continues to improve.
- All courses focus on real-world, hands-on business issues in a global context. Students apply theory learned in the classroom to current business problems, often in partnership with organizations in Chicago, across the USA, and internationally.
- More than 75 percent of our courses are taught by professionally accomplished, full-time faculty members, who are dedicated to both teaching and research within a social justice framework, and who are committed to student success. Established business experts enrich our graduate programs with their extensive knowledge and first-hand experiences.
- Quinlan students rely on the expertise of our instructors to gain a global perspective and to refine their analytical tools and managerial abilities, while sharpening critical thinking and leadership skills. Mid-career professionals benefit from increasing theoretical and practical know-how by analyzing case studies and developing real-world projects.
- Quinlan MBA and MS students have the opportunity to enroll in interdisciplinary courses and multiple programs to expand knowledge and career opportunities.
- Graduates of the Quinlan School of Business join an impressive network of successful alumni in Chicago, the USA, and around the world - many of whom have achieved leadership positions, and the majority of whom continue to reside and work in the Chicagoland area.
The Quinlan School of Business is steeped in the Jesuit tradition of "Cura Personalis" (from the Latin which translates as, "care for the person"). The concept of treating each person as a unique and holistic individual is not "cutting edge" or trendy at Quinlan. Rather, this idea is the foundation of an educational approach which has guided the mission of Loyola University Chicago since the university was founded in 1870. Academic rigor, thought-provoking classroom discussions and professors who truly love to teach are hallmarks of a Quinlan education, but there is much more to the Quinlan experience. The world of contemporary business is one which is often portrayed as being primarily driven by the bottom line and profit margins, no matter what the cost to other individuals, groups or the world at large. On the contrary, our graduate business programs function under the principle that it is possible to be successful in business while still operating in an ethical and responsible manner.
- Community: We value all members of our campus, local, and global community, and seek to develop involved and responsible community members who show appreciation for and represent the values of Loyola University Chicago and the Quinlan School of Business.
- Diversity: We value civility, respect, appreciation, and an in-depth understanding of diversity, including the ability to put knowledge into meaningful action.
- Ethics: We focus on ethical issues and challenges in business to develop professional business leaders who demonstrate ethical awareness, ethical judgment, and the ability to evaluate and make moral decisions in difficult scenarios.
- Justice: We value justice through service that uses learning and leadership in the pursuit of truth and care for others.
- Leadership: We value personal growth through leadership and seek to develop responsible leaders who are committed to the common good.
- Sustainability: We engage students in understanding and responding to local and global environmental issues by raising awareness, advancing our knowledge of environmental problems, developing solutions, encouraging action, and developing an environmentally conscious culture throughout the university.
From the time they set foot in their first class at the Quinlan School of Business, graduate students begin to build relationships and professional connections that will last the rest of their lives.
Take advantage of the many tools Quinlan provides to begin building your professional network, friendships, to stay in the loop about events open to current students and graduates, and to find ways to get involved and stay connected.
The part-time MBA and MS graduate programs at Loyola University Chicago's Quinlan School of Business are specially designed to meet the needs of busy professionals with hectic schedules. We know the sacrifices involved with committing time and effort toward graduate business studies, and our programs are developed with this in mind, to help you succeed.
- Accessibility—The Quinlan School of Business is situated at Loyola University Chicago's Water Tower Campus in the Magnificent Mile and Gold Coast neighborhood, easily reachable by CTA public transit and the downtown Loop.
- Flexible scheduling—Our courses are scheduled during the evenings and occasional weekends, so part-time students may earn a graduate business degree while working full time during the day. Students may choose to take 3 or 4 courses per quarter to complete a master's degree in approximately one year.
- Accelerated pace—10-week quarters allow our students to attend classes year-round and intensive curriculum design helps our working students get ahead faster.
- Work-life balance—Dedicating sufficient time to quality work and family life can be extremely challenging on their own, let alone while making time for education. Quinlan's well-structured, part-time MBA and MS programs allow you to maximize learning while minimizing time away from family, work, and other obligations.