Family Business Stewardship Institute
Ensuring success at work and at home
The Family Business Stewardship Institute (FBSI), prepares family business owners, shareholders, and stakeholders (including non-owner spouses and future owners) for effective stewardship of their family enterprises. This comprehensive educational curriculum addresses the major competencies needed for effective family business ownership. The goal of the program is to prepare stakeholders—both financial and emotional—for the significant and sometimes unpredictable transitions and decisions that must be made to determine the success and continuity of the family business.
Each of the six modules are made up of two- to three-day sessions taught by Loyola faculty and nationally-recognized family business thought leaders. Continued online education, connection with fellow students, and networking opportunities that follow are what really help participants apply the knowledge they’ve learned once they return to their businesses. In addition, participants form a lifelong network of professionals, who, like themselves, face similar challenges.
When you participate in the Family Business Stewardship Institute, you’ll receive unparalleled instruction from the nation’s top family business experts, and be a part of a community of owners willing to share their experience and wisdom. During your coursework, you’ll find support and guidance about the complex challenges family business owners face, so you can maximize your family’s tradition of success. The FBSI Program includes:
- Presentations of real-world case studies
- Seminars with small group discussions
- Facilitated peer group networking
- Confidential discussions related to the challenges and opportunities of the participant firms and families
Six Strategic Modules Create the Complete Experience
1. Managing Relationships: Helps participants communicate more effectively and enhance relationships, improve interpersonal skills, and implement working strategies that are inclusive of all family members to ensure continued success.
2. Governance: Teaches owners the basic principles of family business governance and their role in setting the foundation for the business' success and continued family heritage.
3. Leadership: Creates a better understanding of the need for leadership at all levels of the family and business, and explains the personal needs of family members in various stages of the enterprise lifecycle.
4. Finance: Teaches participants the financial principles necessary to be effective owners, as well as how these key concepts apply to critical decision-making within a family business.
5. Strategy: Provides an overview of strategic planning as it relates to family enterprises, as well as how to leverage strategies to become more competitive in an industry.
6. Managing Transitions and Family Enterprise Continuity: This comprehensive, interdisciplinary course focuses on the skills and experiences needed to anticipate and prepare for family transitions.
Family Business Stewardship Institute Participation
Your instructors are esteemed Loyola faculty and nationally recognized thought-leaders on family business. Each course begins begins before you're on-site with online preparation, goal setting and peer networking to help you maximize the educational experience.
Join Us: The next class of FBSI launches on September 9-11 2015.
Don't miss the opportunity to jump into this tailored program and start bringing innovative, effective solutions to your family and your business. For details and enrollment information, download the brochure program overview and application. Questions? E-mail or contact us at 312.915.6490.