Office #: Maguire 518
- LLM in Taxation, DePaul University College of Law, 1991
- JD, Cum Laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1988
- MBA, Finance, Loyola University Chicago, 1982
- BBA, Public Accounting, Loyola University Chicago, 1979
- Federal Income Taxation
- Federal Transfer Taxation
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Accounting Association
- American Taxation Association
- 1995 Beta Alpha Psi (Beta Iota Chapter) "Accountant of the Year" Award
- Delta Sigma Pi, Professional Business Fraternity (Selected for Honorary Faculty Membership), 1995
- Arthur Andersen & Co. Alumni Faculty Fellow, 1994-95
- Quinlan School of Business "Faculty Member of the Year" Award, 1992-93
- Taxation of Individuals
- Taxation of Corporations, Partnerships, Estates & Trusts
- Federal Taxation (MBA)
Harrison, L., Janiga, J. M. “Holding Life Insurance in a Trust: Traps for the Unwary.” Journal of Passthrough Entities. 14 (2011). 15-16, 67-68.
Harrison, L., Janiga, J. M. “Strategies for Gifting in 2011 While Retaining Strings.” Journal of Passthrough Entities. 14 (2011). 9-10, 55-57.
Janiga, John. & Harrison, L. "Do the Passive Activity Loss Rules Impact the Choice of a Family Limited Partnership Versus a Family Limited Liability Company for Estate Planning Discount Purposes?" Trusts & Estates. (2010).
Harrison, Louis. & Janiga, J. "Optimizing Entity Selection for Transfer Tax Discount Planning." Journal of Passthrough Entities. (2010).
Janiga, John. & Harrison, L. "Should the Step Transaction Doctrine Ever Apply in the Partnership Arena?: A Critical Examination of Linton, Adams, and Gross." Journal of Passthrough Entities. (2009).
Janiga, John. & Harrison, L. "Is a Horse Not a Horse When Entities Incur Investment Advisory Fees?" Journal of Passthrough Entities. (2007).
Janiga, John. & Harrison, L. "Pepperidge Farm Legacy." Trusts & Estates (2007).
Janiga, John. & Harrison, L. "Deducting Fees for Investment Advice." Trusts & Estates 146 (2007). 42-49.
Janiga, John. & Harrison, L. "The Interplay of Behavioral Economics and Portfolio Management with the Current Examination of Family Partnerships by the Courts." Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal. 40 (2005). 117-147.