Quinlan Business Edge Management Certificate
"The Quinlan Business Edge Management Certificate invigorated the student in me. I felt the content was engaging, relevant, and most importantly, immediately applicable to my job."
— Senior Consultant, Allstate, June 2015
- September 15–November 17, 2015 ($3,200)
- March 1–May 3, 2016 ($3,300)
Class Times: Tuesdays, 6–9 p.m. All sessions are held on ten consecutive Tuesday evenings (excluding national holidays), with an additional session scheduled at the participant's convenience.
Program Fee: The fee listed above includes tuition, all program materials, assessments, and a one-on-one interview preparation session with an experienced management coach.
Location: Loyola's Water Tower Campus 16 E. Pearson, Chicago, Illinois 60611, conveniently located just off of Michigan Avenue.
You've been in the workforce for some time now, learning as you go and getting results. You're thinking about taking the next step in your career, but you're not sure about making a long-term commitment to business school. Still, you're looking for something to set yourself apart from co-workers and position yourself to upper management. How will you know which program is the right one for you?
You find yourself asking:
- How can I explore if business school is right for me?
- How can I quickly add tactical business skills to help me grow in my career?
- How do I read my company's financial statements?
- How can I express my thoughts more clearly, advocate for myself more effectively, and present myself with more confidence and ease?
- How can I easily build my professional network?
If these questions sound familiar, the Quinlan Business Edge Management Certificate is designed for you.
Delivered in an accessible face-to-face format and taught by experienced industry practitioners, the Quinlan Business Edge pairs critical management curriculum with personal and organizational development skills to guide you on the path to defining your personal brand. Add knowledge gained from your first decade in the workforce to this broad-based management development program to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Set yourself apart—give yourself an edge.
- Learn core management skills and gain a better understanding of personal and organizational development techniques
- Develop the skills needed to think strategically and cross-functionally
- Gain experience in problem-solving, collaboration and negotiation
- Enhance leadership skills and improve business communication savvy
- Hone interview skills and meet one-on-one with an expert management coach
- Explore the integration of functions with a strategic alignment mapping process
- Grow personal and professional networks
Who Should Attend
The Quinlan Business Edge is a program built for professionals looking to expand their career potential. Designed to layer business acumen, leadership abilities and communication skills into a fast-paced face-to-face learning environment, this program is for you.
This program is ideal for emerging leaders with up to ten years of work experience. This program can provide particular value to individuals with a liberal arts background and for those who majored in a discipline other than business. The program provides high-achievers with the skills hiring managers want and the work habits successful organizations need.
Managerial Accounting and Business Ethics
Principles of Finance: Sourcing and Managing Funds
Better Business Communications
Enhancing Leadership Skills
Competition, Conflict, and Negotiations
Organizational Behavior and Working with Teams
Honing your Personal Brand and Tying it all Together
|One-on-one coaching (scheduled individually)|
Our programs are taught by leading faculty from Loyola's Quinlan School of Business, home of the nationally-ranked part-time MBA program as reported by BusinessWeek and U.S. News and World Report. Quinlan Executive Education faculty are in great demand as consultants to corporations, non-profits, and government agencies throughout the region and around the world. The faculty are skilled in making business concepts and skills readily understandable and immediately useful to you. To do this, they engage you in dialogue about your experiences and how what you are learning can be applied on the job. This makes the program personally relevant and focused on real-world results. For more information, visit the Quinlan School of Business Faculty & Staff page.
Pulling it all together
Aligning goals and objectives enables participants to focus their energy during the class on plans that support future personal and professional development. Quinlan Executive Education has developed a process to apply this principle to improve the educational experience of individuals participating in the Quinlan Business Edge by:
- Producing a document for participants that summarizes their purposes for attending the program
- Identifying specific learning outcomes and how those outcomes align with their overall purpose for attending
- Identifying action steps or a plan for implementing the learning
- Providing a feedback mechanism to faculty regarding specific participant needs beyond the theoretical subject matter alone
Loyola Quinlan Business Edge Management Certificate
Awarded to participants who fulfill the program’s requirements (attendance, participation, assignments).
MBA course waiver option
For those individuals considering the Loyola MBA program: participants who complete the Quinlan Business Edge, and are accepted into Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business, may receive one elective course waiver for the Loyola MBA program. The course waiver requires the completion of an additional paper/project during the course of the MBA program. Current Quinlan School of Business students are not eligible.
For a course consultation, please contact us at 312.915.6761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.