How can PROLAW® enhance my legal career?
Qualify for rule of law advisory work
PROLAW® graduates will be qualified to work as rule of law advisors in a variety of capacities in diverse contexts.
Who are potential employers of PROLAW® graduates?
PROLAW® graduates will be of great interest to a range of organizations. A brief summary of these includes:
- Governments undertaking legal and justice reforms
- Organizations which provide development finance, including;
- Bilateral development agencies such as those of the OECD and Gulf States;
- Multilateral and regional international financial institutions such as theWorld Bank, The African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank.
- The United Nations and its specialized agencies and the United Nations entities dealing with peace keeping and peace building;
- Specialized international organizations such as the International Development Law Organization (IDLO) and the Institute for the Unification of Private Law (Unidroit).
- National and internationally operating non-governmental organizations including national and international bar associations dealing with rule of law and justice issues;
- Private consultancy firms, university and think tanks performing rule of law advisory work under contracts and grants.
We expect PROLAW® graduates to become instrumental in driving and leading rule of law initiatives and implementing rule of law strategies in developing countries, countries in economic transition and countries emerging from violent conflict.
Career Services to support you
Our career services will be available to mentor you in creating a professional development plan and support you in building a professional contact network with organizations involved in rule of law work.