THE SCB IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR!!! CLICK HERE FOR AN APPLICATION. Please fill out all fields completely; incomplete applications will not be considered. Application is due by 5:00pm on Monday, February 11, 2013. (DEADELINE EXTENSION)
Thank you for your interest in the Loyola University Chicago Student Community Board (SCB)!!
The SCB is a select group of undergraduate students that hears cases of alleged misconduct as it pertains to our Community Standards. SB members are directly responsible for deciding if a violation occurred and, if necessary, what response is appropriate for the situation.
Students on the board will seek to fulfill The Student Promise and should possess/exhibit an understanding of the Community Standards, a mature sense of self-awareness, an excellent ability to reason and a desire to help others and desire to work for social justice in the Loyola community. Members must be able to deal with highly confidential information with discretion. Please note that a prior conduct history does not necessarily preclude anyone from membership; students with personal experience with the OSCCR are encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be accepted until Monday, February 11, 2013 at 5:00pm (DEADLINE EXTNDED)
- Applications will be reviewed by Friday, February, 15, 2013 and select candidates will be notified and offered
- Interviews will take place from February 21 - 22, 2013
- From the candidates interviewed, select candidates will be invited to participate in a group interview on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4pm - 7pm
- Following the group interview, selected candidates will be offered a position as Member in Training with the Student Community Board for the Spring 2013 semester
Member in Training Expectations:
- Attend the SCB Training Workshop which will be held on a Saturday afternoon during the Spring 2013 semester
- Observe 1 SCB hearing (on Wednesday evenings from 4pm - 7pm)
- Attend monthly SCB Professional Development (on a Wednesday evening between 4pm - 7pm)
- Attend the end of the year celebration (date TBD)
- Attend mandatory August retreat (3 days between August 19 - 23, TBD)
- Attend weekly meetings (Wednesdays, 4pm - 7pm)
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA and full-time status
- Uphold and abide by the Community Standards