Loyola University Chicago
Dr. Denis Heyck
Professor, Spanish Language and Literature
- Nonformal education in Latin America
- Effects of globalization on traditional cultures in Latin America
- Role of civil society in Latin American culture
- Gender and development in Latin America
- Religion in contemporary Latin American culture
- Environmental issues in Latin America
- Schools in the Forest (Kumarian Press, 2010).
- Tradición y cambio: lecturas sobre la cultura latinoamericana contemporánea. 3rd.ed. (McGraw-Hill, 2005)
- Surviving Globalization in Three Latin American Communities (Broadview Press, 2002).
- Barrios and Borderlands: Cultures of Latinos and Latinas in the United States (Routledge, 1994).
- Life Stories of the Nicaraguan Revolution (Routledge, 1990).
- B.A. Latin American Studies, University of Texas at Austin
- MA and Ph.D. Latin American Studies, University of London, Kings College
Courses Regularly Taught
- Latin American Culture
- Contemporary Latin American Novel
- Masterpieces of Latin American Literature
- Spanish Conversation and Composition
- Advanced Oral Expression
- Music, all kinds, especially guitar and Brazilian music