If you would like to submit an essay, send an electronic copy to the MMLA office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Papers must follow the most recent edition of the MLA Style Manual. To ensure that the Journal is accessible to the broad membership, essays should be in English and, when text in another language is quoted, translations in English should be provided. PMLA is a useful source for examples of how to provide translations in MLA style.
Preparation of Copy
- All submissions must conform to the most recent edition of the MLA Style Manual.
- All submissions should be proofread and have the spelling checked prior to submission.
- All quotations, titles, names and dates must be double-checked for accuracy.
- All submissions must provide complete listing of references.
- All references must include the names of publishers, places of publication, the full names and a complete listing of translators and editors.
- All article submissions must be sent electronically via e-mail as Microsoft Word files (.doc or ,dox extensions are equally acceptable) to email@example.com. Please do not send PDF files.
- All articles must be written in English.
- Articles must draw on a minimum of 12 sources.
- All submissions must be double-spaced with page numbers.
- All authors accepted for publication in the Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association must be current members of the association at the time of acceptance.