Paper and Abstract Specifications
Convention Paper Specifications
For sessions that will be following the traditional Discussion Over Papers format, ALL papers should be received via email by September 30th. (Sessions following the Oral Delivery of Papers format should NOT send their papers to MMLA.) We will send out the papers in September. The discussion format cannot work if a session's attendees do not have the papers to read in advance. Therefore, it is important that we have your paper on time in order to make it available to all interested convention registrants.
- Be a maximum of eight single-spaced pages (including title pages, notes, and works-cited pages)
- Be on 8 1/2" by 11" paper
- Have at least a one-inch top margin on the first page
- Be a PDF file (Portable Document Format)
- Be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (papers should not be mailed in, faxed, or sent in the body of an e-mail)
Papers can be emailed to:
If you have any questions about the paper specifications, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
This year we will once again be posting each session's abstracts on the MMLA web site with the goal of fostering communication among the presenters in each session.
In order to expedite the posting of abstracts to the MMLA website, we kindly ask that all chairs and coordinators observe the following specifications. Use our Sample Abstract as a model.
1) Send your session's abstracts to the MMLA office by September 1.
2) E-mail the abstracts as an attachment IN ONE DOCUMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Ask authors to keep their abstracts under 250 words, easy for session organizers to check with Word Count.
4) Include the essay's title and the author's name, affiliation, and e-mail address.
Your assistance is invaluable to this endeavor, and we sincerely appreciate the favor of your time and effort as we strive to improve M/MLA's service to all its members and conferees.
If you have any questions about the abstract specifications, please e-mail us at email@example.com.