Army ROTC Leadership Training Course (LTC)
Offered Summer 2010
Who Can Go?
• Someone interested in Army ROTC
• You are NOTcommitting to ROTC or the Army by going to camp…no strings attached
• You will be asked to commit to ROTC and the Army next year though
• Student with at least two years of college remaining after this semester
• Preferably sophomores, but freshmen too
• Graduate students welcome
• Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
• Capable of passing a physical fitness test at camp
For males 17 – 21 years of age: 42 pushups, 53 sit-ups, 15:54 2-mile run
For females of same age: 19 pushups, 53 sit-ups, 18:54 2-mile run
• Medically qualified…pass a physical exam we’ll arrange for you
What is Leadership Camp Like?
• At Fort Knox, Kentucky, which is 40 minutes southwest of Louisville
• 28 total days, including travel. Dates for Summer 2009:
Company 1: 05 Jun - 04 Jul
Company 2: 12 Jun - 11 Jul
Company 3: 19 Jun - 18 Jul
Company 4: 24 Jun - 23 Jul
Company 5: 27 Jun - 26 Jul
Company 6: 04 Jul - 02 Aug
Company 7: 11 Jul - 09 Aug
• Four phases to Leadership Camp:
Phase 1 – Intro to Army: learn basic military skills like wear of uniform, marching, etc.
Phase 2 – Warrior Leader: rappelling, rope climbing, land navigation, etc.
Phase 3 – Bold Leader: small unit field problems, which consist of a 9 person team
conducting missions like recons, ambushes, etc.
Phase 4 – Future Leader: Family day and graduation
Why Leadership Camp?
• Every organization and business requires people with leadership skills
• Jobs with leadership responsibilities pay more and they tend to be jobs that people want
• However, employers desire leadership skills
• Leadership is developed, not natural
• Learn managerial techniques
• Understand leader attributes
• Apply by actually leading…the strength of ROTC
• No strings attached: Go to camp, come back and decline ROTC, but gain leadership skills training
• Absolutely free: Your travel, lodging, meals, etc. are provided
• Get paid $728 ($26/day x 28 days) to things that others pay to do
• Rappelling, rock climbing, and ropes complex
• Survival training and water confidence training
• Fire an M16 rifle and learn land navigation
• If you elect to join ROTC, earn a scholarship for the rest of school
• $5000 Signing Bonus
• Pays full tuition and fees at Loyola
• $600 a semester for books