Thank you for your interest in Loyola's graduate mathematics program! For more information about our programs, or to apply for admission, please visit The Graduate School.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, a minimum of a “B” average in undergraduate course work, and the minimum course requirements:
- One year of Calculus equivalent to MATH 131 & MATH 132 or MATH 161 & MATH 162
- One course in Introductory Statistics equivalent to STAT 103, STAT 203 or STAT 335.
Students who do not meet the above requirements may be admitted conditionally and will be required to take additional courses. Students having only the minimum above requirements may be advised by the Graduate Program Director to seek additional background courses (such as multivariate calculus and linear algebra).
The General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for admission.
International applicants are expected to have earned a score of at least 550 on the TOEFL (paper) examination or 79 on the IBT examination or 6.5 on the IELTS examination.
Application for graduate study at Loyola University Chicago should be made online at the Graduate School (apply now). The application will be evaluated upon completion. An application is complete upon receipt of the following:
- The Graduate Application Form.
- A one page personal statement of purpose; this is inserted as part of the Graduate Application Form.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Official General Test scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Official TOEFL (paper) or IBT or IELTS scores (for international applicants).
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. An applicant who attended an institution outside the U.S. must submit an ECE transcript evaluation (general evaluation with grade average).
B.S./M.S. 5-YEAR PROGRAM
Students pursuing undergraduate studies in the Mathematics and Statistics Department at Loyola are strongly encouraged to apply for the five-year combined BS/MS degree. Learn more about our combined BS/MS programs.