Congratulations! You’ve completed your first year at Loyola. As you enter your second year, take time to look back at all you’ve done—but also look ahead to all you can accomplish. How will you maximize your intellectual, social, and spiritual growth? How are you integrating knowledge from the Core, your major, and experiences outside of class? And what will you do to help yourself grow?
Goals for the year
Hours earned120 credit hours are required for graduation
- Declare major(s) and/or minor(s) and generate your Academic Requirements Report in LOCUS.
- Create plans for internships, study abroad, and research with faculty.
- Complete your Core Curriculum courses.
- Update your resume and ePortfolio.
Celebrate your faith with others
Faith and spirituality are essential parts of the Loyola Experience. Our Campus Ministry department offers several programs for you to grow your spirituality and learn about other faith traditions.
In the Jesuit tradition,reflection is a three-fold process that involves paying attention to your experiences, using the head and heart to understand their meanings, and deciding how to act.
- How can you maximize your intellectual, social, and spiritual growth?
- How are you integrating knowledge from the Core, your major, and experiences outside of class?
- How did you grow in your first year, and how do you hope to grow in your second year?
Get out and explore the world
Want to study Italian culture? Learn how to speak Spanish? Or explore Southeast Asia? You’re in luck, thanks to our study abroad options.
Become a better leader
From retreats to out-of-town conferences, our programs will help you build your skills to become a better leader and someone who works with others to promote positive change.