National Jesuit Student Leadership Conference
"Student organization leaders collaborating to develop ideas, explore student issues, and build stronger leadership skills to better serve their colleges and universities in the Jesuit tradition."
—NJSLC Mission Statement
The NJSLC provides opportunities for leadership development and networking among student leaders from the 28 Jesuit universities and colleges in the USA. The conference is relevant for (but not limited to) students interested in / connected with student organizations, student government, residence life, community service, campus ministry, orientation, and peer education roles.
Each summer, a different Jesuit institution will host the conference. With financial and logistical support from Student Leadership Development and the division of Student Development, Loyola University Chicago (LUC) will bring a delegation of students to the NJSLC at Boston College in the summer of 2014. For more information about the application process to attend in the summer of 2014, please contact Shannon Howes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early February: Applications available
- Early March: Applications due
- March: Application review and possible interviews
- Late March to Early April: Selected students are offered the opportunity to attend the NJSLC
- Late April/early May: Registration fees paid and flights purchased
- Late April/early May: Delegation meeting
- Summer: NJSLC