Emerging Leaders Program
What is the Emerging Leaders Program (E.L.P)?
E.L.P is a bi-weekly leadership development program that provides a space for students who are a newer to the leadership process to have in depth conversations about the foundations of leadership, justice, and involvement at Loyola. E.L.P uses a cohort-based model to develop community with participants and to encourage completion of the program. By participating in the program students will have the opportunity to engage in the leadership process through experiential learning activities and group discussions.
Examples of program topics: engagement in the university community, understanding personal strengths and leadership style, values based leadership, communication and conflict management, collaboration and the group process, diversity and social justice, creating positive social change
Who's an Emerging Leader?
- Any Loyola student who wishes to explore their personal philosophy of leadership
- Students wanting to develop skills to more effectively work in teams and/or organizations
- Students wanting to gain knowledge and tools to aid their ability to create positive social change on campus and in the global community.
As a result of participating in the Emerging Leaders Program, students will be able to:
- Describe the knowledge and skills they have gained that relate to values of the Social Change Model of Leadership
- Develop and articulate a higher level of self-efficacy in their ability to engage in opportunities for leadership development
- Build and sustain relationships with peers and/or staff in order to gain resources and support towards their involvement opportunities at Loyola and the surrounding community
- Articulate what they have learned about themselves, others, and systems that contributes to the development of multicultural competence
How do you register for the program?
E.L.P is currently a one semester (Fall 2014) program that does not require the submission of an application to participate. However, we do ask students to register in an effort to track numbers and interest in the program. Registration has closed for the Fall 2014 cohort. Please check back in November for updates regarding our Spring 2015 cohort.
For more information, please contact Yolanda Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2014 Schedule
September 4th: E.L.P Kick Off Event, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Cuneo 210
September 11th: Session One, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Cuneo 210
September 25th: Session Two, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Cuneo 210
October 9th: Session Three, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Cuneo 210
October 23rd: Session Four, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Cuneo 210
November 6th: Session Five, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Cuneo 210
November 13th: Closing Ceremony/Celebration, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Cuneo 210