Loyola University Chicago

School of Law

Information for International Applicants

Admission Procedures Information for International Applicants

When applying for admission to a university in the United States, it is necessary to prove that you have enough money for tuition and living expenses for a period of twelve (12) months. The figures listed are the financial requirements in the School of Law (LLM) at Loyola University Chicago during the Fall 2003-Spring 2004 academic year.


Single Student Total Cost $40,382
Single Student Tuition & Fees $25,424
Single Student Living $14,033
Student + Spouse Total Cost $45,882
Each Child's Living Expense $3,800



The financial proof can be in the form of your original personal bank statement. If you are being supported by a family member or another sponsor, that family member or sponsor will need to provide an original bank statement, as well as a letter of affidavit of support, indicating that they will pay for all of your tuition and living expenses while you are a student. At minimum, the total cost of US $40,382 must be shown on the bank statement

Bank statements must be original, written in English, and converted into U.S. dollars. We will not accept any statement that is over 6 months old.


In addition to Financial Documents, please submit the following information:

  • Copy of Admission Letter
  • Country of Citizenship
  • Country of Birth
  • Date of Birth
  • Correct Mailing Address
  • Permanent address in your home country
  • Name and location of previous school


If you are currently studying in the U.S. on an F-1 Visa, you must complete a transfer verification of your F-1 status to Loyola University Chicago. Along with your I-20, we will send you a "Transfer Verification" form with instructions on how to complete the transfer of your F-1 status. This form should be completed by the International Advisor at your current or most recent school attended, and submitted with the information requested above.

After you have been admitted to an academic department and we have received all of the information requested above, you will receive your I-20 form (or DS-2019) form in the mail. Please contact our office if your I-20 (or DS-2019) is delayed.


Once you have received an I-20 form or DS-2019 form, you must take the form to the U.S. Consulate office or Embassy to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student visa to enter the U.S.

We look forward to seeing you soon!


Mailing Address
Office for International Programs-LSC
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60660

Contact Information
Email: intlcntr@luc.edu
Phone: (773) 508-3899
Fax: (773) 508-7125