Senior Research Fellowship
The Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies invites applications for a Senior Research Fellowship for the 2014 academic year and beyond. The Senior Research Fellowship is designed to encourage junior scholars in law, economics, business and related fields to pursue theoretical, empirical, and or applied research in antitrust and/or consumer protection law in keeping with the Institute’s mission of promoting a more consumer friendly competitive economy. The Research Fellowship will consist of:
- An annual stipend of $42,000 (or semester stipend of $21,000) plus standard Loyola University Chicago benefits
- A small research budget
- Office space, computer facilities, and library privileges
- Opportunities to present Work-in-Progress
- The possibility of teaching one course or seminar in the winter semester for additional compensation depending on the applicant's background, experience, teaching interests, and the Law School's needs
- A Faculty Mentor to assist with the anticipated research program
- Participation in the intellectual life of the Institute and the Law School
The Institute also welcomes applications from scholars receiving sabbatical funding from their Universities, the Fulbright Commission, and similar outside funding sources.
Applications for the next academic year will be accepted on a rolling basis starting January 1, 2014 and may be submitted electronically to https://www.careers.luc.edu with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should consist of:
- A current c.v. including a list of all publications and copies of all publications not available electronically
- A research proposal of not more than 2,000 words
- One or two writing samples of preferably published work
- Two letters of reference discussing the applicant's ability to successfully complete their proposed research project
- A statement of teaching interests (if applicable) including a course description and any available syllabi
Inquiries about the Institute and the Senior Research Fellowship may be directed to Professor Spencer Weber Waller, Director, Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies, email@example.com or 312.915.7137.
LUC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator with a strong commitment to a diversified faculty.