Student Worker PeopleSoft Access
All student workers who are required to access the PeopleSoft (LOCUS) system as part of their job.
To ensure that student workers have the appropriate level of access to LOCUS and that activities
performed by a graduate student worker can be tied back to a UVID that is only used by that graduate
student worker. To ensure that restrictions are in place around when a student worker can access
LOCUS, and that such access is automatically removed at the end of each term.
Student worker credentials for the purpose of accessing LOCUS will be created and used in the following
ID Format - All student workers will receive an additional LOCUS ID. The ID will be in the format $UVID. The "$" character will indicate to system administrators that this ID belongs to a student worker with access to LOCUS. This ID will not have access to any systems. Password resets for these IDs will be performed by the Technology Support Center.
Time-based Restrictions - LOCUS administrators will set time-based restrictions for when student workers are allowed to access the system, to prevent students from accessing the system outside of their working hours.
Deactivation and Removal - At the end of each term, all student worker access accounts will be deactivated. Functional areas that require their student workers to retain their access must send a PeopleSoft student worker Access Request Form to the PeopleSoft administrator. Any accounts that have been deactivated will be deleted after 30 days if no form is received on behalf of that ID.
The above form should be printed and faxed to:
Registration & Records
- August 25, 2008: Initial Policy
- June 19, 2015: Annual review for PCI Compliance
- May 11, 2015: Policy reformatted to use standard Loyola Policy format, some references changed from PeopleSoft to LOCUS, reworded some sections for readability, removed reference to eDirectory.
- May 16, 2016: Corrected link, Annual Policy review for PCI Compliance.
- June 22, 2017: Annual review for PCI Compliance
- Author: University Information Security Office (UISO)
- Version: 1.3