Network Printing (iPrint)
iPrint for Windows is the Loyola system for installing networked printers. It eliminates the need to track down software cd’s for specific printers and makes life much easier. You will need to know the specific name of your network printer to start – get this information from your supervisor. Also, you will need to use Internet Explorer, not Firefox.
Step 1: Install the iPrint client on your computer.
- Click on Install iPrint Client. This window will pop up:
- Select Run. A second window will pop up:
- Select Run. The Novell iPrint Client Setup will self-extract. Follow the install through the menus by selecting next; click Finish when you are done. You will need to reboot your computer before printing.
Step 2: Install your printer:
Once your computer has rebooted go to:
- For LSC machines: http://lscprinters.luc.edu/ippdocs/pcontrol.htm
For WTC Machines: http://wtcprinters.luc.edu/ippdocs/pcontrol.htm
- Select a printer and click on Install. You will be asked if you would like to install this printer. Click OK. It will now begin the actual printer installation. After the process is complete,click OK. You are now ready to use the printer.