HSD Moves to Microsoft Exchange
Migration Brings New Email and Collaboration Tools
Welcome to your new Outlook email account!
The majority of migration activities connected with HSD's March 2014 email upgrade are complete. Your Outlook mailbox should be fully populated with all the messages that you had in GroupWise last Friday, along with any new messages that have arrived since then. Other elements should be in place, too, including your calendar, folders, sent messages, drafts, distribution lists, and the Loyola University Chicago address book.
Work continues on a few things:
- LUHS Calendars. Integration of the LUHS calendars is complete.This means you can perform free/busy searches for anyone with an @luc.edu, @luhs.org, @lumc.edu, or @trinity-health.org email address. You can also give these users rights to view your full calendar; for instructions, please see Outlook 2013: Working with the Calendar. (Full management rights, i.e., delegate access, for calendars can be assigned only to others with an @luc.edu email address.)
- Address Books. Integration ofthe LUC and LUHS address books is complete, and all users now appear in the global address list. Please note that Trinity sorts its address book by first name, so these users are alphabetized by that field. If you don’t find the person you’re looking for when searching, click the More Columns button near the top of the search box, then click Go. This will expand your search to include both first and last names. For more address book tips, please see Outlook 2013: Working with the Address Book.
- Archives. Your full GroupWise archive will be moved to your new Outlook mailbox after the migration. This process will begin in April and will take some time to complete (larger archives will take longer). You'll get a note with additional instructions when your archive is complete.
Remember, there are three ways to access your new Outlook account:
- Outlook via the Web. The Outlook Web App (OWA) is now available. To log in, go to outlook.luc.edu.
- Outlook Mobile. You can reconnt your mobile connections at any time. For instructions, go to Reconnecting Your Mobile Devices.
- Outlook on Your Desktop. The self-service download site for Outlook 2013 is now available. Go to Outlook on Your Desktop.
Detailed information about the upgrade is available using the menu at the left. Additional questions can be directed to the Loyola Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.508.4487.