Details for Students
If there are any old messages or contacts you wanted to move from GroupWise to your current Office 365 account, you must do so now. Items from your GroupWise account will not be retrievable after Friday.
- To import old mail,please see Moving GroupWise Messages to Office 365.
- To migrate old contacts, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Loyola's Move to Microsoft Exchange Means for You
Loyola’s recent email upgrade brought a wealth of new features and improvements for students, expanding the way you communicate within Loyola and with the outside world. As part of the upgrade, Loyola moved away from GroupWise email to a Microsoft Exchange platform. The University has also begun offering students Microsoft Office 365, a fully integrated suite of programs that includes email and calendaring, select Office software (such as Word and Excel), SharePoint, and communication tools like messaging and voice, video, and web conferencing. These student tools are delivered through the cloud (i.e., through the internet).
The changes bring many benefits for students, including:
- More collaborative interactions via email, messaging, conferencing, and other tools
- Significant enhancements for both desktop users and those on mobile devices and tablets
- Streamlined access to Loyola email and calendars anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Access to email and calendar options using voice commands on your phone
- Increased storage capacity for files and attachments
- More seamless integration within the Microsoft Office products and within the cloud
- Tools to create and host personal and team websites
For more information about features and benefits, see the About Office 365 page.
Migrating Data from GroupWise
Now that Exchange is live, all new email messages are being delivered to you via Office 365. Nothing from your old mailbox was moved automatically, though you can manually migrate certain items. Please note that student access to the old GroupWise system will be permanently disabled on December 13. Old messages and contacts will not be retrievable after that date.
- Old mail can be imported into the new system; please see Moving GroupWise Messages to Office 365.
- If you would like to migrate any old contacts, please send a note to email@example.com.
- Elements from your old GroupWise calendar cannot be migrated. If you have any questions, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other settings, such as rules and signatures, need to be re-created in the new system.
If you haven’t already reset your mobile connections, you can do so now. Step-by-step instructions are available on the Reconnecting Your Mobile Devices page. We know you’ll appreciate the improvements you’ll see when you connect to your new account from a phone or tablet; it’s a far superior experience than in GroupWise, and your email, contacts, and calendar will be synched in real time, regardless of your location.
For More Information
More detailed information, is available through the menu at the right. If you have additional questions or comments, please contact the Help Desk at 773.508.4487 or email@example.com.