VoiceThread in Sakai for Instructors
VoiceThread is an application that runs inside Sakai, so there is no software to download, install, or update. VoiceThread allows you to place collections of media like images, videos, documents, and presentations at the center of a conversation. These conversations are not live - they take place whenever and wherever it is convenient for people to participate. A VoiceThread allows people to have conversations and make comments using any mix of text, a microphone, a webcam, a telephone, or an uploaded audio file.
Adding the tool to your Sakai course
- Log into https://sakai.luc.edu/
- Select your course from the tabs at the top of your Sakai page.
- Click on the Site Info button in the left Tools menu and the click Edit Tools.
- Click to add VoiceThread to your course and, click Continue and then click Finish.
- Click the VoiceThread button now appearing in your left hand Tool menu.
Getting Started Instructions: details on adding the VoiceThread tool to your course.
VoiceThread Tool: look at the different views you can use within your Sakai course.
Using the Assignment Builder Tool