VoiceThread in Sakai for Instructors
Quick Links: About VoiceThread, Update Profile, Course View, VT Home View, Individual VT View, Assignment Builder, Embed VoiceThread in Sakai
VoiceThread is an application that runs inside Sakai, so there is no software to download, install, or update. VoiceThread allows you to place collections of media like images, videos, documents, and presentations at the center of a conversation. These conversations are not live - they take place whenever and wherever it is convenient for people to participate. A VoiceThread allows people to have conversations and make comments using any mix of text, a microphone, a webcam, a telephone, or an uploaded audio file.
- Log into https://sakai.luc.edu/
- Select your course from the tabs at the top of your Sakai page.
- Click on the VoiceThread button in the left Tools menu. This action will enroll you in VoiceThread for this course.
- Review VoiceThread in Sakai for Instructors for instructions on managing, creating, playing, sharing, and commenting on VoiceThreads in Sakai.
NOTE: Safari for Windows does not support VoiceThread; Safari for Mac does support VoiceThread. Browsers approved for use with VoiceThread in Sakai on Windows machines are Firefox (Mozilla), Chrome (Google), and IE 10, IE 9 (Microsoft Internet Explorer aka IE) and IE 8.
* Please Note - In order to reveal the latest integration features of VoiceThread in Sakai, you must add the tool after the upgrade which occurred on August 16, 2014. If you previously used VoiceThread before August 16th, you will need to delete the tool and re-add to your course site to review the new features.
Learn how VoiceThread works by watching "VoiceThread Simply Speaking."
Learn about the latest features and assignment tools within Sakai! -- Watch a short video on the latest updates.
- Play the video below to learn how to create a VoiceThread, play and comment on a VoiceThread, and add or remove a VoiceThread from a course
- View the link above to learn how to navigate, create, and share VoiceThreads in the VT Home view
- View the link above to learn how to navigate, create, and share VoiceThreads in the Individual VT view
- View the link above to learn how to create and link VoiceThread assignments to the Sakai gradebook
- Play the VoiceThread below to learn how to add a profile picture and manage your profile settings
- View the link above to learn how to embed a VoiceThread file into a Sakai lessons page