Sending an email in blackboard
Blackboard provides a number of emailing options: you may email an individual student, a select group of students, or your entire class. If you created student groups, you may also email a single group or a selection of groups. You receive a copy of any message you send.
Students receive Blackboard email at their official Loyola email address. If a student wishes to receive mail at a different address, he or she can forward Loyola mail to a preferred email account using the Personal Account Manager (http://www.luc.edu/its/pam).
- Click on Course Tools in the Control Panel to expand the list of tools.
- Select Send Email.
- Select the users you want to send an email message to. Instructors can send email to individual students or all students, to groups, or to user roles, such as Teaching Assistants or other Instructors.
- To send an email to selected users, select Single/Select Users. Then select recipients of the email, using the right arrow to move names into the Selected box and the left arrow to deselect names. You can select more than one recipient at a time by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then selecting individual users.
- Type a subject for the email, then type your email message. Select Attach a file if you would like to attach a file to your email.
- As the sender, you will always receive a copy of the email. To get a list of all the recipients of your email, click the Return Receipt box; this list tells you who your message was sent to, and that it left Blackboard successfully. (Due to variations in the speed of the Internet and in the health of Loyola's email servers, this does not guarantee that your message has arrived in your students' Loyola inboxes).
- Click Submit. You will see a notice at the top of the page that the email was successfully sent.